• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
in respects to the Quirk Moore thing i think moore should have been given a YC. but jesus, Quirk butchered that try. that was just stupid. It was poor form from both players but Quirk started it in my books.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Fuck Walsh, even a Barclays football ref knows that was a blatant penalty from more. Besides that, even Walsh new that the reds are fucked.

Umm yes, it would have been a penalty against Moore. But Walsh went back to the previous penalty that he was playing advantage on since it was in a better position, and a second penalisable offense (Quirk holding on) had occurred between the two.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Moore was very close to being carded, and Walsh alluded to that with the TMO but decided against it, which was the right decision. Emotions aside, it was a bit of handbags, and not quite deserving of a card, although he was pretty close to the boundary of acceptable.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why is it ok for Moore to be holding on to Quirks jersey, but Quirk not allowed to hold onto Moores?

I just saw a lowlight of the incident and Moore is clearly holding onto Quirk before Quirk holds onto him.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Why is it ok for Moore to be holding on to Quirks jersey, but Quirk not allowed to hold onto Moores?

I just saw a lowlight of the incident and Moore is clearly holding onto Quirk before Quirk holds onto him.

Really he had his hand resting on the side of the ruck and Quirk grabbed it for all too see to prevent the next play if Moore pulls away hard hits his arm a few times and doesn't give him the upper cut it was no try.. we are arguing if he should have been carded for the punch.

Walsh clearly states thats a number of times holding at the ruck so id have too send them both but I don't want too do that so you both stay on and we come across to the otherside for the penalty.

Moore was lucky but it was also dumb to grab him there from Quirk so very obviously..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Haven't watched the game in its entirety yet but have seen the Moore-Quirk incident. Definite yellow card for the uppercut. The forearm strike on Quirk's arm to break free from his grip is fine, but the punch warranted a yellow. Steve bottled it for sure there.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
That call was great from Walsh. No penalty. Great punch from Moore sorting out the holding and then genia dots the ball down while quirk was obstructing

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

He was resting his hand.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Finished watching. The brumbies were really dominant. Made the reds piss. The score line didn't even reflect the game. Same as the force game.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

With Moore holding Quirks jersey it makes him part of the ruck right? Which gives Quirk the right to hold Moore.

Anyway it was inconsequential as we scored that fucking awesome pushover tighthead scrum soon after.
I want to hear more talk of that beautiful fucking scrum!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
That call was great from Walsh. No penalty. Great punch from Moore sorting out the holding and then genia dots the ball down while quirk was obstructing

He wasn't obstructing he was falling over from the punch! If Moore has his hand on the ruck he is part of the ruck therefore fair game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, this is why that game frustrated the shit out of me:

1) it was a must win game and yet we started like that? No intensity at all. Wasted opportunities. Whatever the opposite to being clinical is.
2) we will still somewhat in it at half time.
3) we played bloody well in the 2nd half - the forwards in particular. Slipper was awesome. When was the last time we scored a pushover try?
4) two of the shittest refereeing decisions in one play. Should have been a try to Genia and should have been a card to Moore. He threw a punch. It should have been a card.
5) soft soft carries by Rocket and Quade cost us tries. Throw in QC (Quade Cooper)'s soft carry in the 1st half that cost us the try to Fardy (I think).
6) finally we've been asking out forwards to stand up, they do, and our backs look lost and incapable.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah that's the ironic part about the Moore/Quirk incident. The holding law only applies one way. Ie. Moore is legally allowed to hold Quirk but Quirk is not allowed to hold Moore.

That scrum try though. A thing of beauty. Made even better by the articles during the week about the much vaunted Brumbies scrum that has scored two penalty tries from it's scrum this season. Giddy up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ok, this is why that game frustrated the shit out of me:

1) it was a must win game and yet we started like that? No intensity at all. Wasted opportunities. Whatever the opposite to being clinical is.
2) we will still somewhat in it at half time.
3) we played bloody well in the 2nd half - the forwards in particular. Slipper was awesome. When was the last time we scored a pushover try?
4) two of the shittest refereeing decisions in one play. Should have been a try to Genia and should have been a card to Moore. He threw a punch. It should have been a card.
5) soft soft carries by Rocket and Quade cost us tries. Throw in QC (Quade Cooper)'s soft carry in the 1st half that cost us the try to Fardy (I think).
6) finally we've been asking out forwards to stand up, they do, and our backs look lost and incapable.
x2

Nailed it Reg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

I thought both should have gone to the bin or none

I appreciate the no punching, but I also hate the attitude that allows the niggler's negative play to be rewarded

So no try, you can't hold a defender to create an opening in the defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom