• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Chiefs -Suncorp Stadium 13 May

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlexH

I need some help to solve a small problem. Being that it's mothers day on Sunday how do I convince my wife that to celebrate her bringing my 2 wonderful kids into the world she should let me sit down and watch the Reds play the Chiefs?

Mate, send her for a beauty joint for the works (full body massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, etc.) and have the kids make her dinner. when she comes home.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wear her out early on in the day...v early breakfast in bed from the kids, then champagne brunch, then put her down for a nap mid afternoon and then take the kids to the footy with you...

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Wear her out early on in the day...v early breakfast in bed from the kids, then champagne brunch, then put her down for a nap mid afternoon and then take the kids to the footy with you...

You old softy.

Beau should be back:
@beaurobbo: “@Pree22: @beaurobbo hey when r u gona be bak playing?” hopefully this wkn :)

Can't wait. As far as shutting down SBW, we may not be able to do it for the full 80, So I think we'll have to go out with a mindset to score more points as well.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Who'd have thought there would be so many romantics here. Thanks for the help guys. I have a cunning plan of getting her out of the house for the arvo with the kids while I cook dinner.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
In regards to the rugby I think the Reds showed last week how to stop a destructive ball runner. Ant has made a big difference to the team since he has been back along with Diggers, lifted the confidence in everyone around them. Lucas and Harris also seem to have picked up their defensive efforts, back to the level of last year. If the forwards can make life hard for the Chiefs and the backs continue with the quick line speed I think they could keep them quiet.

A

AlexH

Who'd have thought there would be so many romantics here. Thanks for the help guys. I have a cunning plan of getting her out of the house for the arvo with the kids while I cook dinner.

Seeing as we all pitched in the least you can do is tell us your plan.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Is taking her to the game an option? It's working for me.

I''m just concerned about taking a 2yo to her first Reds game. Big moment in her life obviously. Any tips?

I took my son for his first game when he was 2. Going this weekend as well (he is now 3).

My advice:

1. Ensure you have some snacks at hand. Bribery may be required if she starts getting bored.
2. Break it down to her level to engage her in the game - a lineout is a 'jump', and scrum is a 'push' etc
3. All else fails, then point out the Koala and Dragon. She will probably like them more.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
In regards to the rugby I think the Reds showed last week how to stop a destructive ball runner. Ant has made a big difference to the team since he has been back along with Diggers, lifted the confidence in everyone around them. Lucas and Harris also seem to have picked up their defensive efforts, back to the level of last year. If the forwards can make life hard for the Chiefs and the backs continue with the quick line speed I think they could keep them quiet.

Yes. Moreover Jets it's been consistent and major lapses in the quality of defence that has hurt the 2012 Reds the most of any isolatable category of problem in our matches to date. The game v Force away was appalling, as were, for example, the lazy let-ins of the Stormers' tries. Let's not kid ourselves, this is been as large or larger a points leakage problem than has come from individual or aggregate injuries and is one of the principal reasons why our BPs are so low in terms of losing margin. And it's still something of an unexplained mystery as to how a team with such exemplary defence through the whole of 2011, can deteriorate as much as we did in this respect for so many of 2012's games.

It was massively encouraging that the game v Cru was, hopefully, the defining turning point in this costly problem. As McKenzie has stated today, to keep the Cru tryless at home for the first time in 12 years is simply exceptional. And we all know that great defence builds confidence in every other part of a team's game skill.

So, let's look forward to Sunday with much hope!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It is just a shame that it feels that the Crusaders game will be the loss that will keep us out of the top 6. Well that and the Sharks game.

I agree. It takes a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck to win a title. We have lacked the little bit of luck this year with injuries and it has cost the team dearly. Swings and round about's though, because we had a little bit of luck last year as well.

It was the same in 2010 with the losses to the blues and sharks. Reds were good enough to win both but couldn't turn the performance into points.

Here's hoping they go undefeated in the next 6 games. But I doubt any team will with the way the comp is this year.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Our fate for the remainder of 2012 will be essentially determined by (a) the ratio relationship of our wins to the Brums and Tahs losses and (b) the BPs gained by all three teams.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
It is just a shame that it feels that the Crusaders game will be the loss that will keep us out of the top 6. Well that and the Sharks game.

Yeah Scotty, but as you've observed before, it's the major BP gap between us and the Brums that's really hurting our chance of a come back to win the Aus Conf.: Reds 2, Tahs 6, Brums 7. That is, we could have (just) lived with the losses, if they'd been 'better quality' losses.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You don't think the losses against Stormers,Bulls and Force would help keep Reds out of top 6?? Not quite sure of your reasoning there Scotty.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You don't think the losses against Stormers,Bulls and Force would help keep Reds out of top 6?? Not quite sure of your reasoning there Scotty.

What don't you get? of the games they have lost they were the 2 that they really let slip amd should have come away with wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.