• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lindommer said:
Lance Free said:
More on Jenkins: RUGBYWA MEDIA release Friday, 12 March 2010
JENKINS JOINS FORCE

Jenkins is a product of the famous Sydney rugby school Riverview...

WTF? RIVERVIEW? God spare me. I don't know who's worse: Riverview, Cranbrook or Aloy's. For the numbers Riverview have they're crap at rugby. When was their last Wallaby? And the one before that?

A mediocre rugby school at best.
What is it with you Marist haters? :lmao: :lmao:
Let it go, let it go...

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Hocking to 4, Wykes to 8, Stanford to the bench.
OConnor to 15, DHP to 14 and Staniforth to 12.

There are my changes. But still hopeful that this team will finally click

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Sitting right on the sideline watching the reds score some great tries. Some poor handling in their, but a great, varied attacking style overall. Reds 33-6 at halftime.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds looking great and some good looking attack despite beig messy at times. But geez the Force defence is a bit here and their and their lineout is terrible.

Force looking better so far in the second half. Reds bleeding penalies and could get a second in the bin.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
When I get off the iPhone I will have to dig up the hooker pecking order thread and eat my humble pie after suggesting Cowan might make the squad as the third hooker.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
1 Henderson (got the better of Weeks)
2 Dunning (no-one else wants it from all appearances)
3 Fairbrother
4 Hockings
5 Sharpe
6 Hodgson
7 Pocock
8 Brown
9 O'Young
10 JOC (James O'Connor) (why was I calling him POC on the feed? I'll never know)
11 Cummins
12 Staniforth
13 Cross
14 DHP
15 Harris

That'll do pig.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Continuing from the discussion about Cooper's little bunny hop in another thread, his little effort today before dropping the ball on his big break was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Bugger the negative stuff, first back to back since 2004 (?). Gee it is great to be a Reds supporter at the moment. They are in some good headspace ATM.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh to be fair to him, O'Connor was closing in and about to run him out across the touchline so he was slowing down a bit waiting for support to catch up and offload to. Just happened that the ball was slipperly from rain and he wasn't holding it too securely. Good to see him having fun out there and enjoying his rugby, having a laugh after his stupid knock on.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
spectator said:
Bugger the negative stuff, first back to back since 2004 (?). Gee it is great to be a Reds supporter at the moment. They are in some good headspace ATM.

I think since 2006, but yes, not for a long while. We've already equalled the number of wins for our 2009 season.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Godfrey said:
Continuing from the discussion about Cooper's little bunny hop in another thread, his little effort today before dropping the ball on his big break was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life.

I was not too bothered by it, but was glad he was hooked straight after it, he should have got a serve to stop it happening in the future.

Great stuff by the Reds anyway.

T

tranquility

DHP is close to the worst back in the country. I have never seen him play a good game in any level of football.

One must think, he is being pushed along because he is a WA local, for credibility's sake of the Force?

well done Reds. it seems as though Byrnes is on the move doesnt it?

I hope in that little huddle at the end, they were addressing tomorrow's deadline with a resounding '*&^% the Rebels'!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
needless to say, I was stoked. Love the execution of some of those tries. The first Diggers one (was that the inside ball?). We'd been peppering them with inside ball, and then did it again, but with the cutout of the first man. Delicious.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
tranquility said:
DHP is close to the worst back in the country. I have never seen him play a good game in any level of football.

One must think, he is being pushed along because he is a WA local, for credibility's sake of the Force?

I hope in that little huddle at the end, they were addressing tomorrow's deadline with a resounding '*&^% the Rebels'!

DHP had a mare, but was very good on the wing earlier in the season.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
fatprop said:
tranquility said:

DHP had a mare, but was very good on the wing earlier in the season.

I've seen him play some great games from fullback n club footy. At least he was having a crack.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
DHP was unlucky good on him for having a go with that run from his own in goal it was actually a pretty sneaky move that nearly came off.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Bit harsh I think Tranquility. Yes he was very ordinary today, but he has put in a few solid games on the wing this year.

I started a thread recently which alluded to bringing on youngsters too early. I think DHP may be a good example. In time he will be a very safe 15, not a world beater perhaps, but reliable.

And yeah... if the pass comes off, he is a genius. Sometimes the difference between shit and champagne is very small.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Random thoughts on the game.

We're just home from the game and we are extremely happy. My fears about the Force were put to rest in about the first minute. A decent crowd of about 20.5 K and a great atmosphere created by the flags and "GE REDS" signs. I don't know if the "We Are Reds" chant will ever take on? I don't think we have it in us.

I was surprised at how shit house WA's lineout was. The deserter Sharpe usually runs a pretty good one but tonight I think they lost 7 on their own throw. The new 5/8 bought nothing but how could he after just hoping off the plane. JOC (James O'Connor) never got an opportunity and Cross may as well have been sitting at home.

It's a measure of how much confidence Reds supporters have lost that when I mentioned that we had this in the bag at the 60 minute mark, we were up 36-10 at the time, the long-term members who have been sitting behind us for years replied that "it's not over yet".

Digby looks more imposing with head-gear and should keep wearing it.

The Starting backline looked the best we have run out all year. Which is hard for me to say because I was calling for Tirinui to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.