• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sully said:
We're just home from the game and we are extremely happy. My fears about the Force were put to rest in about the first minute. A decent crowd of about 20.5 K and a great atmosphere created by the flags and "GE REDS" signs. I don't know if the "We Are Reds" chant will ever take on? I don't think we have it in us.

Joey McCarthy is licking his lips in hell...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
DPK said:
Sully said:
We're just home from the game and we are extremely happy. My fears about the Force were put to rest in about the first minute. A decent crowd of about 20.5 K and a great atmosphere created by the flags and "GE REDS" signs. I don't know if the "We Are Reds" chant will ever take on? I don't think we have it in us.

I have no idea who he is?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
DPK said:
Sully said:

Excellent :) :)

You surely have his current address right ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Smart game from the Reds, they highlighted why JOC (James O'Connor) shouldn't be at 12 for the Wallabies for a while.

Gee the Force looked uninterested.

Now the fun starts for the Reds, a three match tour of SA followed by the Bulls and Stormers at home.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Biffo said:
DPK said:
Sully said:

Excellent :) :)

You surely have his curent address right ;)

Well, this isnt the first time ive been accused of a pinkish hue. :)

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Anyone else notice JOC (James O'Connor) being put out on the wing on defence later in the match?

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Godfrey said:
Anyone else notice JOC (James O'Connor) being put out on the wing on defence later in the match?
Missed that. I laughed when DHP replaced JOC (James O'Connor) in the line and Faingga turned him into a turnstyle for his 1st try

G

Geeves

There is a noise in this year’s Super 14 competition that has not been heard for years. Can you hear it children? There is something funny going on in QLD with a mythical sound now emitting. After years of jeers, outrage, disbelieve, and sunken shoulders there is something in the wind. A previously extinct emotion and sound is being reborn. There is pride and there are cheers. There is damaging running rugby on display and for a change its QLD that is putting on the show and it’s not a tragedy.

3 wins in 5 matches doesn’t sound like much at this stage but there is something in the Reds team that has been waylaid or presumed killed by Jeff Miller. It’s heart, its soul, the belief, the pride and the hunger. And to think I need to thank a NSW person for this. Hats off to you Ewan McKenzie. You have turned a bunch of boys into a lethal rugby side that rivals anything the Knuckles delivered.

Maybe I’m witnessing a false dawn but I’ll bask in it for all its worth and like Marto’s son the QLD jumper may be put back on.

This week they have the BYE and then head to the Republic to go on safari to go shooting cheetahs and lions and spear fishing Sharks. Then it’s back to Brisbane to take on the remaining 2 SA aides. It’s tough but hell for the first time in years I’m looking forward to it. I reckon it might be time to book my seats for the Bulls and Stormers game.

I’m struggling not to let the efforts go to my head and start dreaming of the second coming of QLD as in the next few days another raping and pillaging of the ranks may occur. If the Melbourne Rebels could not recruit for another month and god forbid the pride and passion continued then the core of the squad would have been preserved. Now it’s anybody’s guess. But I’ll live it up for the moment as out of all the Aussie sides this one is playing the best rugby.

Cross post from http://www.planetnz.com/rugbyheads/board/index.php/topic,5121.msg32054.html#msg32054

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Something strange happened on the bus home yesterday. People were chatting and laughing. there were exiting conversations about forward play and SOOPER COOPER. Very very strange indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.