• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

news article today indicating that McKenzie is worried about the energy levels of some of his younger players and is considering giving them a break. Daley especially, but he also mentioned Simmons and Shatz.

I think it might be a wise move to rest Daley and bring Holmes in to start against the stronger sharks pack, Holmes has been showing enough in his time off the bench to warrant a starting opportunity. Scrum is a bit of a worry at the moment, Cheetahs milked it for 5 penalties on the weekend.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The should be concerned about Cooper as well, he walked around looking disinterested for most of the match.

T

TOCC

fatprop said:
The should be concerned about Cooper as well, he walked around looking disinterested for most of the match.
if a disinterested Cooper can knock over penalty kicks from 50m out i would love to see what a intersted cooper could do

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
TOCC said:
fatprop said:
if a disinterested Cooper can knock over penalty kicks from 50m out i would love to see what a intersted cooper could do

two trips?

P

PhucNgo

This one is really going to test the strength of the Reds revival. Admittedly the Sharks are the travelling team this week, but back at home they're going to be hard to toss.

Also not convinced that youngsters need a rest. The greater worry would be that The Man is a little low on in the tank about now, particularly with a relatively young pack around him who probably looked to him for leadership.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yo, I think the Sharks might be a bridge too far this weekend. However, it will still be okay if we can salvage a bonus point (or 2) from a loss.

On their day, I think the Reds could easily roll the Sharks, but I'm just wondering how long the Reds winning streak can last for. If they win this game, they'll go through SA undefeated.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Reddy! said:
Yo, I think the Sharks might be a bring too far this weekend. However, it will still be okay if we can salvage a bonus point (or 2) from a loss.

On their day, I think the Reds could easily roll the Sharks, but I'm just wondering how long the Reds winning streak can last for. If they win this game, they'll go through SA undefeated.

Reds will need a big improvement this week to beat the Sharks, they weren't great on Friday and the Sharks will be better at home

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Newb said:
:lmao: biffo you are a world class smart ass

thanks, Mate. there have been world smart ass championships. i competed four times, but failed ever to make the semis

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
fatprop said:
Reddy! said:
Yo, I think the Sharks might be a bring too far this weekend. However, it will still be okay if we can salvage a bonus point (or 2) from a loss.

Reds will need a big improvement this week to beat the Sharks, they weren't great on Friday and the Sharks will be better at home

Yeh exactly. The Sharks will be very keen to maintain their momentum especially infront of a home crowd. I'll be tipping the Sharks, but won't be suprised if the Reds sneak a win.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Braid's week off could be a blessing for the Reds. He will be crucial this week. As for Daley and the Sharks pack. He did a great job on them last year, so I wouldn't write him off. Lets just hope for a dry track. It is sure to be a great game. I think it maybe the Sharks that have the fatigue problem. Would love to see the Reds up the tempo for this one. If they can remain disciplined in skill and attitude, I suspect they can nail this one at the back end of the game. Would like to see the Reds run at Goote all night. This is certainly winable for the Reds.

T

TOCC

i expect we will see Braid and Byrnes return to the starting lineup, with Simmons and Shatz relegated to the bench..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Biffo said:
Newb said:

thanks, Mate. there have been world smart ass championships. i competed four times, but failed ever to make the semis
Everyone in the world has a special gift. I'm just glad you found yours.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sharks will have their tails up winning two in NZ and baing back home.

Pienaar is finally hitting some form and must play at 10.

Hell of a game to look forward to. Big c*nts will be ripping into each other and all that.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the Reds really need to target the Lions game as must win, 3 from 3 on the road would be brilliant but I would also be happy with 2 from 3.

I'd rest Daley for Holmes, Braid will come back in for Schatz, start Byrne for Simmons & maybe Ezra Taylor for Houston the backs should be good to go but i'd like Davies to start ahead of Brando.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Blue said:
Pienaar is finally hitting some form and must play at 10.

Yeah, he did and it's about time too. Sharks fans must have been giving him a serve on the forums before that. BTW - all the Tahs fans before the Blues game were whooping it up when he got that final kick over.

Dunno about the Sharks on their return. I remember once and IIRR they were leading the comp and had their tails up after their trip. (3 years ago, or so?). When they got home they hardly won a game.

C

chief

Sharks @ Durban is always a hard ask. Even harder now they have there confidence at an all time high

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lee Grant said:
Dunno about the Sharks on their return. I remember once and IIRR they were leading the comp and had their tails up after their trip. (3 years ago, or so?). When they got home they hardly won a game.
They are under more pressure to perform at home now if that makes any sense.

Some good things happened for the Sharks this weekend, Pienaar is one but a more dynamic lock combination made a world of difference. Muller is injured but the pack went better without him. Deysel is starting to look like he is waking up. Now all they need is for Kankowski to actually do something....

Somehow their scrum also operates better with Smit at 1 I couldn't believe my eyesethat he actually had it over Tialata for the first half.

I am going to be bold an predict a comfortable win for the Sharks.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sully said:
Biffo said:
Newb said:

Everyone in the world has a special gift. I'm just glad you found yours.

Your gift clearly isn't comprehension. I failed as a smart ass. Can you claim the same for yourself? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.