• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

i know its been said 100 times already, but how good is the Genia-Cooper combination getting.

Not just in terms of how they understands each others game, but in the sense that if one of them has a off game the other one has a blinder and vice-versa, not usually the case in a halves combo.

The Sharks did a pretty good job neutralising Genia by having there loose forwards place extra pressure on him, but that just meant it gave Quade more room to move. Quade was able to make so many breaks through the 10 channel because Kankowski and Co were focussing there defence on Genia.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You'll never see Kankowski putting pressure on 9s, he is a bcakplaying 8. Alberts also not a 7 and Botes the only forward playing 6. Was better in the second half when Kankowski got injuried and Deysel arrive and Alberts to 8. Thought the Pom Snail in 10 gave Cooper all the freedom to step but I wont mind him wearing the Wallaby jumper. Test rugby is something different and he dont look well towards the end under pressure. He may find a bit of pressure coming his way with Wikus van Heerden back for the Lions in tandem with Baywatch and the Brutes and Stormers games looming.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
PaarlBok said:
I wont mind him wearing the Wallaby jumper. Test rugby is something different and he dont look well towards the end under pressure. He may find a bit of pressure coming his way with Wikus van Heerden back for the Lions in tandem with Baywatch and the Brutes and Stormers games looming.

In a test he could be subbed in the second half by a player like Gits so it would be an adequate replacement. He also wont have so much inexperience around him so he will be less stressed

T

TOCC

PaarlBok said:
You'll never see Kankowski putting pressure on 9s, he is a bcakplaying 8.
may i suggest you watch the sharks v reds match again, because he did it constantly throughout this match, especially off set plays like the lineout

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Jannie Doep cited

Saru release
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
SANZAR Media Release
Du Plessis Cited
Sharks prop Jannie du Plessis will appear before a SANZAR judicial officer
in Bloemfontein on Thursday after being cited for dangerous play following
Saturday's Super 14 match against the Reds in Durban.

Du Plessis was cited under Law 10.4 (a) - for allegedly striking Reds
hooker Sean Hardman with the head. He was also cited for breaching Law
10.4 (k) - for entering a ruck in a dangerous manner.

Du Plessis' hearing will take place at the offices of the Free State Rugby
Union at 10h00 on Thursday.
Issued by SANZAR

Status
Not open for further replies.