• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs, 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah regardless of what anyone thinks about the scrums channel 10 9 and 7 and that AFL bloke from offsiders are going to be laughing there arse off at rugby, not popular in Australia, this is why rugby isn't working in AUS, rugby needs to sort out it's game. TBH that's what I find so annoying, it giving all the leaguies and journos something on this game. It leaves me deeply disapointed when it happens because it's cringeworthy to watch as you know that youll hear wally on 9 saying, "Last night the Reds scraped home in a scrappy affair, with 20 minutes of scrums" and then masked giggling. THat is why I am so pissed at NSW. I find it embarassing and depressing.

The simple solution is not to watch Wally on 9. Again, it's rugby. Why do we let league pundits try to dictate that union should be played like league?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just got home,...it was such awesome defence.. Burgess is the worst rugby player once again... im glad he is a tahs, and pissed off he is a wallaby..So slow cant pass and such useless player.... tahs need to get rid of him.. and polata get over your pathetic injuries, you go down for 3 min every game and then scrum.. your a sook and its getting old, same old story for you with the tahs and wallabies..

And quote "BUDDA HANDY" WHEN QLD WINS AUSTRALIAN WINS......
And as my avatar we got the bob templeton cup back where it belongs..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The crowd around me loved every second! And the crowd on the Bus home also love the Game. No one I chatted with thought it was boring.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The intent was 7 points, not 3. And just to piss the home fans off. That it pissed you off is just a personal bonus. The scrum is an attacking set piece of play, wether by pushover or good platform. You can't foresee the circumstances, but he'd the scrum twisted the right way, or the ball presented better at the right time, or the reds dropped it andlost a prop/penalty try then it would have been a different story.

Refs defended it well, but it was still the right tactic for the tahs at the time. Be happy you came out with a win

Yeh but if you tried 3 times and fail, you don't try another 3 times. Just take the points and refocus your game.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The simple solution is not to watch Wally on 9. Again, it's rugby. Why do we let league pundits try to dictate that union should be played like league?

I don't think the NSW rugby was even played like rugby tonight tbh. Just a wrestling shitfest of crap. Not even joking.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the game convinced Robbie that QLD front rowers suck (apart from Slipper) then it was a victory.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The crowd around me loved every second! And the crowd on the Bus home also love the Game. No one I chatted with thought it was boring.

Yeh no doubt it was a miraculous effort by the Reds, but it was a lot to endure for it. I would have preferred to see Digby sneak over for a exciting try or two. I would have even preferred NSW to score a try.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
How is rugby not working in this country? I'm so sick of hearing this crap. They got 40'000.

Rugby is rugby. Sometimes there's 25mins of scrums. The intensity of that was unreal.

If you find that boring then watch AFL or NRL with other pack of fools that need a ball bouncing and simple rules to entertain them.

Stop saying we need to change our game. It's fucking beautiful the way it is. I love it.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
How does that saying go again reddy? It's not if at third time you don't succeed, give up and try sonething else...

One time they put on a backline move, and turner got thrown into touch by Cooper of all people. The forward dominance was the way to go, even though it didn't win the game

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
If the game convinced Robbie that QLD front rowers suck (apart from Slipper) then it was a victory.

That's a dumb thing to say, it was pretty even mostly. The NSW scrum never actually succeeded in anything apart for more reset scrums.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can't believe the shit I am reading about the scrums. Couldn't give a shit about what the journos think.

This is how the WC will be won.

Something wrong here... I agree with qwerty.. :eek:

There will be plenty of this in WC. Take the positives, we held them out for 20+ minutes and god knows how many scrums.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's a dumb thing to say, it was pretty even mostly. The NSW scrum never actually succeeded in anything apart for more reset scrums.

Well that's not true. Before TPN went off we dominated every scrum.

Are you trying to tell me Daley is a better LHP than Robinson or Fainga'a/Hanson are better hookers than TPN? Or Shepherdson is a better THP than Kepu?

I just don't want to see Daley, Fainga'a, Sheperdson ever back in Wallaby colours.

As you can see the only positives I'm taking from this game is the Tahs scrum but I think it's important, seeing their (wrongful) absence in the Wallabies last year.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
How does that saying go again reddy? It's not if at third time you don't succeed, give up and try sonething else...

One time they put on a backline move, and turner got thrown into touch by Cooper of all people. The forward dominance was the way to go, even though it didn't win the game

I knew you would say that. It was clearly not working. It's like saying Beale should do chip kicks all night until he actually pulls one off. He probably shouldn't if it didn't work the first 3 times! You only have 80mins to win a game of rugby.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Well that's not true. Until TPN went off we dominated every scrum.

Are you trying to tell me Daley is a better LHP than Robinson or Fainga'a/Hanson are better hookers than TPN? Or Shepherdson is a better THP than Kepu?

I just don't want to see Daley, Fainga'a, Sheperdson ever back in Wallaby colours.

Not even talking about Wallabies or saying who is better than who. Just saying, the Reds held NSW out for 20mins, they can't be that bad.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not even talking about Wallabies or saying who is better than who. Just saying, the Reds held NSW out for 20mins, they can't be that bad.

I know it's poor form to say "if" but the Reds were on their last warning just as TPN went off. The scrum dominance stopped there. It's a shame Fitzpatrick is injured because he would've done a better job than Ulugia

Status
Not open for further replies.