• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs - 29th April RD 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

oh boy..

You see, if you had of said something like, "plenty of brumbies players have profited out of property development" it may have worked better, that is you draw a link between a shady area of a clubs past and use that to insinuate they are rorting the salary cap.. but the ground hire fees, is clearly a stigma associated directly with the Tahs and not the Reds, Rebels, Brumbies and so forth.

Not to mentio the turf at Suncorp is abysmal

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
failgif7.gif

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Am on the beers already & getting pumped for the event formerly known as the festival of hate!!

As long as we can keep 15 men on the field for the full 80 (I'm looking at you Quade) and not give away too many stupid penalties we've got this one.

We can rely on the 'Tahs dropping more ball than us so Reds by lots....

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Am on the beers already & getting pumped for the event formerly known as the festival of hate!!

As long as we can keep 15 men on the field for the full 80 (I'm looking at you Quade) and not give away too many stupid penalties we've got this one.

We can rely on the 'Tahs dropping more ball than us so Reds by lots..

We all said something similar v the Kings last week!

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Could someone who knows more than me clear something up. If you incidentally block the ball off in a tackle and cant move away, is it 'not rolling away' regardless of the fact that you can't?

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Could someone who knows more than me clear something up. If you incidentally block the ball off in a tackle and cant move away, is it 'not rolling away' regardless of the fact that you can't?

thats a hard one to call
if you make the tackle and can't roll away - is it not rolling away ? you have to make as best effort as possible to roll away

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Generally yes. It usually depends on the effort you show to get out of the way, but if you're blocking the ball you're liable to get pinged.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
thats a hard one to call
if you make the tackle and can't roll away - is it not rolling away ? you have to make as best effort as possible to roll away

A good indicator of the quality of the ref I reckon. Some will just ping people straight away, others use some common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.