• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs - the war before the war

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The battle of words is warming up!
To quote in other G & G posts
@ Jimmy Crouch "P Tah I totally agree that the Reds will struggle. Can people also cut the Link is a hero crap. Look he has done very well with the Reds. Two years, one finals appearance one championship. Surely Mooney gets some credit. Link was sacked by his last two employers. Everyone ripped on the tahs for playing boring rugby when he was the coach. Coaches get way too much credit when a team is doing well and bagged way too much when they are doing poorly. Captains are the same", and
@Jimbo81 "The tahs are powder puffs without Phil Waugh (their only hard option). TPN will be injured game 1, the rest of the “stars” will rotate in and out of the injury ward. Tahs = no chance. Looking forward to the booing to start around game 3 – depending on whether the fans can be bothered turning up to one of two stadiums."

All good gist for the mill!
The bookies back the Waratahs over the Reds this year, which is where the money talk is. Do you think the bookies are right or wrong,

A

Army_Gav

The enemy of my enemy, is my friend (until March 10).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The battle of words is warming up!
All good gist for the mill!
The bookies back the Waratahs over the Reds this year, which is where the money talk is. Do you think the bookies are right or wrong,

I do believe that the bookies back the Tahs over the Reds every year. How did that work out last year?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fucking brilliantly the first time we played.... short memory hey?

The first time - yep. The second time not so well. And over all?

No not a short memory, just poking fun at the fact that the Tah's are always high in the rankings until the end of the season and we see exactly how they have performed. Having said that I think that the Tah's are going to win round one (happy to be proved wrong) and the Reds will win the return match. I know it is the bookie's job to set odds and rank teams I just find the results of their processes amusing.

Having said that, how do they get the results they do? Is there a systematic approach or is it all subjective? Is there any science involved?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The do this by multiplying the number of balls bowled, by the number of balls faced. Then dividing that figure by the average age of the batting side, minus the number of spanners in a sidchrome tool kit.

So they completely ignore the Stanley screwdriver effect and possibility of rain?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Ha, you see-that's where you lose all your money. Didn't you know it was the Sidcolmbe spanner set!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ha, you see-that's where you lose all your money. Didn't you know it was the Sidcolmbe spanner set!

Screen Shot 2012-02-01 at 12.25.50.png

That's where they get you, they use a non-existant spanner set... Or at least one google hasn't heard of

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I'll take the bookies odds. The Tahs are playing the Samoans in a trial match so there's bound to be a few brittle bones broken.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Most of the Senior Samoan and Tongan boys will be in Europe playing for their clubs. Didn't the Rebs play essentially 3rd string teams last year and thrash them?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm guessing the 3rd string guys will be slower, less fit with less skills, but I still bet they can hit like freight trains... and this is where we're likely to get injuries...

S

spooony

I'm guessing the 3rd string guys will be slower, less fit with less skills, but I still bet they can hit like freight trains... and this is where we're likely to get injuries...
lol That is so true. I bet some of them will try to impress and leave a mark somewhere. Even if it is on a Waratah player.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Back on topic - are the tahs going to take some time off, from posing for photos and telling everyone how awesome they are, to go an do some training?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Back on topic - are the tahs going to take some time off, from posing for photos and telling everyone how awesome they are, to go an do some training?

Why bother? We'll roll you boys anyway. Plus when we train it's not about how to hide our 5/8 in defence, how to do the 'turtle' or backflip...

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes no point practicing post try celebrations if you aren't going to score any tries. ;)

Well played... But I suppose you guys don't do that too often, what's it been? 2 good seasons in the last 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.