• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs - the war before the war

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

The only thing NSW rugby can beat Queensland is in the number of former chief executive officers, presidents, coaches and bankruptcies. - Chris Hanley

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I think What Schadenfreude is referring to is that the 'Tahs have a better scrum from which to launch a victory. So by having uncontested scrums the Reds odds improve.
But it is all history now - lookiing back over the posts I'd say the Reds & hteir supporters won both of the wars.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Bit of a tangent, but I reckon the real reason kiddies and other fans aren't usually allowed on the field right after the game for autographs is to give the players time to kick a few lockers and swear at the rugby gods a bit where needed. As good a PR exercise as signing autographs immediately after would be, it'd backfire spectacularly if someone still under the residual effects of white-line fever told a fan to f**k off.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bit of a tangent, but I reckon the real reason kiddies and other fans aren't usually allowed on the field right after the game for autographs is to give the players time to kick a few lockers and swear at the rugby gods a bit where needed. As good a PR exercise as signing autographs immediately after would be, it'd backfire spectacularly if someone still under the residual effects of white-line fever told a fan to f**k off.

Thats why we do it on games we are certain to win.... oh, damn.....

I kid though, i spoke to a few boys leaving the sheds, they were gutted, but not unfriendly or rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.