• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs - the war before the war

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Right, so if someone head-highs Barnes after the whistle (as long as they were "committed" to the tackle) you'll be showering them with praise?

No because they hit him high. Anyway Quade Cooper has already done that to Barnes and it was even in that game, don't remember anyone complaining.

Just so you know, I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty, it shouldn't have been a suspension - especially because he was already carded.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A shoulder charge to the back is ok?

I think I know someone who deserves one.

I'm not sure why you think the back matters? It's legal to hit someone in the back, maybe Fainga'a should not have turned his body as well as being on the wrong side of the ruck. Was this illegal by Beau?

As for a shoulder charge that is pretty laughable stuff, that's how Brad Thorn cleans out every game.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Occurred before the whistle, so not relevant. Hitting someone after the whistle is cowardly - more so from the back. That's just common sense. Anyway, I think we've all made our points on it so time to move on :)

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
As for a shoulder charge that is pretty laughable stuff

You know I never really understood the state rivalry, but now I think I understand. It's not because you're mexican, it's because you support gutless scum play like a shoulder charge in the back after the whistle.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
You know I never really understood the state rivalry, but now I think I understand. It's not because you're mexican, it's because you support gutless scum play like a shoulder charge in the back after the whistle.

Exactly the type of comment that perpetuates the rivalry. Just learn that not everyone can or will agree with you, and don't judge a whole state on the basis of one differing opinion.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just removed that last little bit. It may have been ironic, but it was hardly going to edify the thread, Swat.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sure why you think the back matters? It's legal to hit someone in the back, maybe Fainga'a should not have turned his body as well as being on the wrong side of the ruck. Was this illegal by Beau?

Ahh no, but I am guessing that is the wnswer you were looking for....?????

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just removed that last little bit. It may have been ironic, but it was hardly going to edify the thread, Swat.

Of course it was supposed to be ironic. I was going to go with "bloody" but it lacked the impact and as such might be misconstrued, ah well.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. Putting aside the fact that we want the refree to look after the laws of the game and the be consistant and acruate...

Are the Reds going to have the ame plan to suceed without QC (Quade Cooper)?
Are the Tahs going to be able to compete without the ever growing list of injuried players that seem to be about?

Sensible arguements backed , if not with fact, with factual opinion would be good. That is the one game that I am not really sure of on the tipping.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. Putting aside the fact that we want the refree to look after the laws of the game and the be consistant and acruate...

Are the Reds going to have the ame plan to suceed without QC (Quade Cooper)?
Are the Tahs going to be able to compete without the ever growing list of injuried players that seem to be about?

Sensible arguements backed , if not with fact, with factual opinion would be good. That is the one game that I am not really sure of on the tipping.

To speak honestly I really don't have a clue. The reds have played well in their trials and have more depth in the positions where they have injuries. The tahs played well in the trials but the quality of the opposition was poor. The tahs have injuries to 2 of their best attacking weapons in mitchell and turner but the reds have lost mr magic himself in QC (Quade Cooper). Pretorius may have attacking flair but how will his defence hold up? How will genia go after becoming quite stale in play after the tri-nations last year? How will Harris go starting at 10? Will Rob Horne snap in half during the first tackle or will he make it the full 80? How far has fat cat come along since his injury? Will palu be back to his best? Will home ground advantage help the tahs? Will there be more reds fans in the crowd? (a possibility given tahs piss poor marketing) As of yet we don't know what the teams will be or how the teams will play. It's a long season and this is just the start.
My heart wants the tahs to win, I'd back them even if they were playing the All Blacks and had EPS guys starting and Barnes was unconscious. Will they? I don't know...
Fuck it, I'm tipping a draw.

W

What2040

To speak honestly I really don't have a clue. The reds have played well in their trials and have more depth in the positions where they have injuries. The tahs played well in the trials but the quality of the opposition was poor. The tahs have injuries to 2 of their best attacking weapons in mitchell and turner but the reds have lost mr magic himself in QC (Quade Cooper). Pretorius may have attacking flair but how will his defence hold up? How will genia go after becoming quite stale in play after the tri-nations last year? How will Harris go starting at 10? Will Rob Horne snap in half during the first tackle or will he make it the full 80? How far has fat cat come along since his injury? Will palu be back to his best? Will home ground advantage help the tahs? Will there be more reds fans in the crowd? (a possibility given tahs piss poor marketing) As of yet we don't know what the teams will be or how the teams will play. It's a long season and this is just the start.
My heart wants the tahs to win, I'd back them even if they were playing the All Blacks and had EPS guys starting and Barnes was unconscious. Will they? I don't know...
Fuck it, I'm tipping a draw.

Swat, agree with most but more you ask more questions than a Barrister going for the jugular. Reckon real close to a draw but same with me and the Reds (by 5) (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.