• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs - the war before the war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Swat, agree with most but more you ask more questions than a Barrister going for the jugular. Reckon real close to a draw but same with me and the Reds (by 5) (I hope)

Your barrister's a jerk. Mine asks no questions, sells more pies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Link has had 4months to plan for life without QC (Quade Cooper). He will have a plan that the guys playing can follow. And the players that will follow it. That's one of the strengths of the Queensland side.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Think you guys should be more worried about that as you did only score 1 try against us in two games and the one that did score that try is not playing.

I'd rather the Super Rugby trophy sitting in the cabinet than some token "victory" on who got how many meat pies.

sonny crockett

Allen Oxlade (6)
There is of course a number of interpretations, those of the referee, those of the people in the stands and on TV, and those of the players, as intimated here in a 1997 interview with Dan Crowley in a match in which he flew dangerously close to the wind.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Mate please, all blacks won the world cup and they're still flagrant cheats.
My point exactly. We lost so we think they're cheats. The Kiwi's won - ask any of them if they think the AB's cheat. ;) It is the way of the rugby world IMO but always makes for a good post match mud slinging match!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It was interesting to read Robbie Deans interpretation of QC (Quade Cooper) not playing for a while in that he said this gave the Reds the opportunity to go about doing things differently this season which he saw as an advantage as it would help prevent opposition teams from reading & countering the Reds game plan.
I'd imagine the 'tahs would have no idea of how the Reds game will evolve around the inside backs & Ioane, who has a mandate to get involved wherever he pleases (thats one tactic that won't change;)).
But there is no doubt the Reds will miss the long, pin-point passes to a player running on to the ball at full pace at which QC (Quade Cooper) excels.

Quade+Cooper+Australia+IRB+RWC+2011+Captain+zMcWfCGK3hnl.jpg
Quade+Cooper+New+Zealand+v+Australia+IRB+RWC+9JnD5FEQp8Gl.jpg

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Simplified Gameplans 101:

Link: New game plan Wil, give it to Harris.
Genia: Done.
Harris: What do I do?
Link: Give it to Digby.
Digby: What do I do?
Link: Score. Okay, go team... break!

Foley: New game plan Sarel, tackle.
Pretorious: Lekker.
Foley: Carter, lose the headband. Go team... break! Wait, don't take that literally Rob.
Horne: Got it.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Why is everyone using the word 'loose' when they mean 'lose'. I'm seeing it everywhere lately
is it a fad or somethin - possibly a lot of Kiwis using G & G.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Well I think the war before the war might have a white flag waving from south of the border, with the following news,
Daniel Halangahu is a surprise choice as NSW Waratahs captain after Wallabies star Berrick Barnes was ruled out of Saturday night's Super Rugby opener against the Queensland Reds with a groin strain.
Read more:

If the odds are still with the Waratahs, then this has to be money for jam!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I notice the betting odds are now even at $1.95 each.
Still money for jam putting something on the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.