• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RIP Jerry Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Always loved Jerry. Hated his haircut and what he did to the Wallabies, but it was always evident winning through at the end, he was a good bloke.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Absolutely terrible news, and just hope his daughter pulls through now. A great player, person and servant of the game really. I was a youth player when he visited and played for Barnstaple 2s back after the 2007 world cup, and as such got to meet him a few times. Came across as a true gent. RIP

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
9sI8bTJ.jpg

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The latest news states their 3 month old daughter Ayla is showing signs of improvement. She is still in a serious condition but this is some positivity in what is a terrible tragedy.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The mighty Peter Fitz wrote a nice piece about Collins back in 2007 & has re-published it in his column. It's defying my iPads copy function but here's the link:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...yanks-how-to-get-it-done-20150612-ghmddl.html

Collins' body is due home tomorrow & the funeral will be next week at the 3,000-seat Te Rauparaha Events Centre & I'm told they're putting additional seating in for the day so expecting ~4,000 to attend.

image.jpg

EDIT: it's an appropriate venue, Te Rauparaha being the narrator & possibly the author of the Ka Mate haka......................

Status
Not open for further replies.