• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rising v Vikings, 25 September @ AaMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Vikings replacement 7,9 & 12 were all better than the starters in those positions.

Agree.

On Mogg, he looked to have all kinds of time out there, but he just made poor decisions with the ball.

To be honest he just didn't look interested and there wasn't the urgency when he had ball in hand.

Very sad to see someone fall from grace as he has.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Vikings missed Tim Cree tonight, although it wouldn't have had any effect on the result..............

It's concerning that the Brumbies probably won't have a spot left for the guy yet he's outplaying all of the Brumby contracted back rowers with the exception of Butler.....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Vikings missed Tim Cree tonight, although it wouldn't have had any effect on the result......

It's concerning that the Brumbies probably won't have a spot left for the guy yet he's outplaying all of the Brumby contracted back rowers with the exception of Butler...

It would be a pity if Tim misses a spot. But I think the Brumbies have a much more urgent need to get another potential No 15. Moggy is out of sorts more often than not these days, and Robbie is too small imo to play anywhere but 10 or 12. Don't think we have anyone else atm with Pat McCabe's retirement.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
That replacement 7 was very handy for the Vikings.

Bloody frustrating game to watch. So many handling errors from the Rising and some baffling calls from the ref stopped it from being anything remotely close to a spectacle.

D

daz

Quick summary of the game:

Great first half by the Rising. Scrum domination was as complete as I have seen in any game at any level.

Completely opposite second half. Scrappy by both teams and there were more whistles blown by the ref than passes thrown. Ugly and unneccesary, Mr Ref.

2k crowd, but really, the atmosphere was fantastic. It's like a carnival crowd, and I put that down to the family and friends of the club players, especially the Islander families. Boy, they know how to enjoy a game! Loads of fun and I think this NRC thingie is a dead-set winner.

As for the talk about Mogg, two things were observed at the game - One was that he could not have been more disinterested and his game reflected that.

Secondly, everyone around me all made the same comment - What a shame to see how far he has fallen since the days (only last year!) where he was seen as a Wallaby regular. Let's hope he gets his mojo back.

And finally, Mitch as MoM. Happy days.

Oh, as an aside, whatever glue the Rising lads are using on thier hands has clearly stopped working. I think they got a bad batch, because how many times did they drop the ball when not under pressure?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Anyone see the cheerleaders get a hefty workout? They had to carry a not light flag and sprint the length of the field everytime a try was scored. Thankfully the ref killed the game in the second half or they would've run a marathon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah the starting vikings 9 was decidedly average

I think the same can be said for a number of the Brumbies' contingent, and I wonder if Larkham & co. should've waited until the NRC kicked off before they filled the squad, because I'm concerned with how a couple of our signings are playing right now...............

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I didn't think the ref was bad at all. The crowd were getting stuck into him, but the discipline and just lack of skill on display in that 2nd half was appalling in my view.

The knock ons, the in from the sides, the off the feet, the screwed scrums, the list goes on. I thought he tried to let it flow but the fact is the players didn't allow it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.