• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 13: Sunwolves v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1:05pm AEST, Saturday 12 May – Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium, Tokyo

1. James Slipper (C) – Bond University
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Kane Douglas – Norths (100th Super Rugby cap)
6. Adam Korczyk –University of Queensland
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
9. Ben Lucas – Sunnybank
10. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
11. Jordan Petaia – Wests
12. Samu Kerevi – Souths
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
14. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
15. Hamish Stewart – Bond University

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
20. Liam Wright – Easts
21. Moses Sorovi – Wests
22. Duncan Paia’aua - Norths
23. Aidan Toua - Easts

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Angus Scott Young being able to play 8 would be an interesting development. I suppose he'll need that back row versatility with Timu and Wright both being young and likely in any sides he's going to be in.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) / Timu / Wright is going to make for a really nice back row in a few seasons!

Also good to see Paia'aua back in the 23.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
How the hell do professional footballers miss training.

It's almost like their only job is to go to training and games!

But seriously, wasn't their mum sick, from the way it was written on the Reds website it sounded more like that than 'I just didn't fucking go'.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's almost like their only job is to go to training and games!

But seriously, wasn't their mum sick, from the way it was written on the Reds website it sounded more like that than 'I just didn't fucking go'.

Yeah they may have pulled out on compassionate grounds particularly if their mum is in a really bad way (not to mention mother's day is on Sunday)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sunwolves: 15 Semisi Masirewa, 14 Kenki Fukuoka, , 13 Timothy Lafaele, 12 Michael Little, 11 Hosea Saumaki, 10 Hayden Parker, 9 Yutaka Nagare , 8 Kazuki Himeno, 7 Edward Quirk (captain), 6 Michael Leitch, 5 Grant Hattingh, 4 Wimpie van der Walt, 3 Takuma Asahara, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Craig Millar. Substitutes: 16 Yusuke Niwai, 17 Shintaro Ishihara, 18 Hencus van Wyk, 19 Uwe Helu, 20 Yoshitaka Tokunaga, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Yo Tamura, 23 Jason Emery

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Very excited to see the dual playmakers in action for the Reds - both Stewart and Lance offer a good running threat and can distribute solidly, with 11-14 to be the strike runners. It also really sures up your backline defensively, with no real weak link in sight now.

Excited to see ASY (Angus Scott-Young) get a full game at 8 as well - I reckon this kid has a real future. Disappointed to see Lucas at 9 again - the guys been shit house this season. So slow and his delivery is some of the worst I've seen from a Super Rugby level 9. Where the hell is Tuttle?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Little has been in great form for the sunwolves, so strong and reportably the most unlucky player to miss out on a NZ super contract. Will be interesting to see him pressuring Kerevi. It will do the reds good to have the duel playmakers, as whilst Saumaki Fukouka have been outstanding as attacking threats, the back 3s positioning and communication in defence has let them down ALOT. Use the duel play makers to get them out wide after sucking in the smaller sunwolves pack and defensive star #12.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
I shit all over Lucas a couple of weeks ago but last game he was good.

I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago that he was too unfit, but still a better proposition than Tuttle. I believe he will continue to improve, 9 is a very demanding position fitnesswise. What he brings to the table in other areas is worth playing him alone

Status
Not open for further replies.