• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 13: Sunwolves v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
So having just watched a replay of the game, I actually think the Reds shouldn't be too upset with that game. The result yes, but the actual game despite some obvious issues that they have had all season and are slowly being addressed, they didn't play like a team who lost 63-28.
Bottom line the Sunwolves played really well in what was their last home game against a weak Reds side, and they got really lucky with quite a few decisions (we really need to do something about these all local officiating crew when it's between two different unions).

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Particularly after the Spain-Belgium game.

How hard is it for SANZAAR to require all officials to be from neutral countries?

I don't know about all officials, but at least the TMO and the main referee. I think we really need to bring in a second on field referee and have the touch judges as a lesser position. It's a big ridiculous that Gus Gardner in running the line and we are having other far less qualified referees in the middle.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Your kidding. Glutton for punishment.

It wasn't the AWFU game from the Reds -- it wasn't good, but I think too many people are judging the game only on the outcome.
Boys play reasonably well, Sunwolves just had the bounce of the ball (and whistle) and played out of their skin.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just watching this now.

The reds are shocking and sunwolves deserve this all day

However what the hell is going on. No Aussie teams ever get any calls go their way. Sunwolves lineouts have been a good meter or 2 not strait all night. Really obvious. The reds throw one that's finally not strait and they are called on it.

What should of been a penalty try for calapsed maul ends up a reversed penalty for a non dangerous clean out.

The waratahs had the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It gets worse. How the hell is that a penalty try and yellow card. There is another tackler there.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Shiggins I am poor at grammar and spelling but FFS at least try or use Google or turn on the spell checker it puts a little red line under the error for you. STRAIGHT. COLLAPSED.

Its hard to take one of your rants seriously at the best of times, add in the spelling and its just wasted space on the server.

Reactions: dru

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Seems a little strange looking at the Reds now. Perceived to have a good defense at least but are 106 points adrift of break-even. Second to last on that stat only to the Sunwolves.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Seems a little strange looking at the Reds now. Perceived to have a good defense at least but are 106 points adrift of break-even. Second to last on that stat only to the Sunwolves.
To be fair the points differential only looks that bad because they have by far the worst try scoring record in the comp.

Defensively they are mid-table

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Last week I commented in the Reds thread how we were -88 points against Australiasian teams. If you include the moondoggies it's now -123 with 1 win from 6 games.

Our only win of note this season is the Jaguares. The Reds "defence" is a fable. When we come up against good attack we fall to pieces.

Otherwise it's been at home against 2 travelling South African teams and a Brumbies outfit on absolute struggle street (and the 2nd time we played them we somehow made them look good)

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shiggins I am poor at grammar and spelling but FFS at least try or use Google or turn on the spell checker it puts a little red line under the error for you. STRAIGHT. COLLAPSED.

Its hard to take one of your rants seriously at the best of times, add in the spelling and its just wasted space on the server.
oi that's harsh mate

Status
Not open for further replies.