• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 13: Sunwolves v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can anyone confirm/deny this reported statement from Brad?

"Queensland Reds coach Brad Thorn says his side “got what they deserved”, with the pumped-up Sunwolves claiming their first Super Rugby match win of the season with a 63-28 hammering in Tokyo."
Gee I hope not.
It must be what he deserves too if he’s actually part of the club.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Depends on his mandate - if he promised competitiveness this year he’s in trouble.
If he promised a rebuild that might take 5 years to reach competitiveness than that’s a different story, but he’ll the last man standing in oz rugby if that’s the timeline.

Then at least there will be someone to switch out the lights IS.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Up the food chain cannot be trusted.

Hey X, I get this, but honest you confuse me.

Brad simply does not deserve to be where he is. He has made a very predictable raw fist of a sandwich that he has made a shit sandwich. Reds HQ, for all their incompetence in putting him there, does not make up for the decisions that Brad has made.

It would have been FAR FAR better, to have kept Stiles but brought in Brad into the coaching team. Still shit, but just a lot better taste of shit. All we get for a long time as Reds fans is the taste of shit. And we are getting to be connoisseurs. And THIS shit, is WORSE than our last shit taste, though not as bad as the Graham arse lick.

Now we are locked into this goose, no that's not fair. Gosling, needs several years at least to be a goose. He is a long way off being a goose. though, in parts he is working on this very very well. In other parts he's actually performing. All in all a shit bundle.

And you will back him - because apparently the blokes who put him there can't be trusted. That makes him OK? Or perhaps because he was a hero for the All Blacks? Or a Mungo Maroon (something I respect him for, just wont give him rugby kudos for.)

What a state of affairs.

In the mean time, I repeat, there is nothing wrong with our rugby stocks. We produce just fine rugby potential in Qld. And then the QRU stuffs them up.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Too many dismissive of the Sunwolves. They are clearly the most improved side in the Australian conference, and I say that seriously. Some of the rugby they played against the Reds and against some of the other sides they have met this year has been top class. Good skills executed very well in a game plan suited to their athletic ability.

As for Thorn, I posted when he was promoted that I thought it was a very silly idea and compared it to the appointment of Martin Johnson as England coach, very good potential pushed into a position they were not experienced enough or ready for. This outcome, with the very poor skills base in Australian Rugby was clearly predictable. It is sad because Thorn will last next season and be forever tainted, like Mooney.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

Brad simply does not deserve to be where he is. He has made a very predictable raw fist of a sandwich that he has made a shit sandwich. Reds HQ, for all their incompetence in putting him there, does not make up for the decisions that Brad has made.

It would have been FAR FAR better, to have kept Stiles but brought in Brad into the coaching team. Still shit, but just a lot better taste of shit. All we get for a long time as Reds fans is the taste of shit. And we are getting to be connoisseurs. And THIS shit, is WORSE than our last shit taste, though not as bad as the Graham arse lick.

Now we are locked into this goose, no that's not fair. Gosling, needs several years at least to be a goose. He is a long way off being a goose. though, in parts he is working on this very very well. In other parts he's actually performing. All in all a shit bundle.

And you will back him - because apparently the blokes who put him there can't be trusted. That makes him OK? Or perhaps because he was a hero for the All Blacks? Or a Mungo Maroon (something I respect him for, just wont give him rugby kudos for.)

What a state of affairs.

In the mean time, I repeat, there is nothing wrong with our rugby stocks. We produce just fine rugby potential in Qld. And then the QRU stuffs them up.

Stiles lost the locker room dude.

I don’t think he was any good. Happy to have Thorn over Stiles because I never believed in Stiles.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Too many dismissive of the Sunwolves. They are clearly the most improved side in the Australian conference, and I say that seriously. Some of the rugby they played against the Reds and against some of the other sides they have met this year has been top class. Good skills executed very well in a game plan suited to their athletic ability.

As for Thorn, I posted when he was promoted that I thought it was a very silly idea and compared it to the appointment of Martin Johnson as England coach, very good potential pushed into a position they were not experienced enough or ready for. This outcome, with the very poor skills base in Australian Rugby was clearly predictable. It is sad because Thorn will last next season and be forever tainted, like Mooney.

And still Australias best 5/8th sits in Brisbane club land. Nice one Thorn you goose

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

What a state of affairs.

Thorn has to open his mind a bit. He has built a no nonsense culture amongst young men and the Reds are the fittest they have been for some years. He deserves credit for that. It's not all shit but the parts where his Reds don't pass muster is very frustrating. The whole Quade thing is plain pig-headed and that simply isn't good enough. He doesn't tolerate dickheads yet fails to see the dickhead in himself. Speaking of dickheads, he has had the great Totality Tony thrust upon him. I can see that bloke being a right pain in the arse and I wonder if he has had any influence in the Quade Saga.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think he twinged his hamstring a few weeks ago. Hasn’t played since. Believe he’s still out for a couple of weeks at least.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Stiles lost the locker room dude.

I don’t think he was any good. Happy to have Thorn over Stiles because I never believed in Stiles.

Yes that has to be considered. Doesn’t change Thorns appointment being too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.