• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 8: Reds v Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's a lot of potential in that side as long as we hold our discipline....

I would have preferred to see the c next to Quade's or Higger's names but aren't to upset at Kerevi getting the honour.

Bring on Saturday arvo & the start of our stellar winning streak - WE ARE RED!!!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds should just get up if the Team on paper actually turns up this week.
Reds by 7 with Reds discipline keeping the Kings in the game.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
There's a lot of potential in that side as long as we hold our discipline..

I would have preferred to see the c next to Quade's or Higger's names but aren't to upset at Kerevi getting the honour.

Bring on Saturday arvo & the start of our stellar winning streak - WE ARE RED!!!

Kerevi is the only player that ever seems pumped to be there, tries to pump up players around him. Seems like he'd be a pretty good man motivator.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I would have given the C to Kerevi when Slipper git injured. With Moore etc to guide him.
I hope Houston is injured otherwise he's been a waste of a contract.
Believe they drooped the right second rower despite the hate on here for Simmons.
Amazing what a week in prems will do for a bad attitude.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just hoping Stiles isnt turfing the baby with the bath water.

Jake and Squeak are interesting, possibly belated, decissions. Karevi strikes
me as not the best choice for captain, hope to be proven wrong.

All in all I'm feeling better up against the Kings than before the selections were published, lets see how it goes.

Great to see the creative trio back on the field. :) Forwards to prove up possession so they can do something.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Big changes. Stiles had to do something, dropping Frisby and Ready hadn't got the message across. This team is close to right but the locks are wrong and behind an inexperienced front row that will be a scrum disaster.

This is the Kings, everyone rests a few stars against them and still manages to bring home the chocolates. The only team that hasn't beaten them are the Sunwolves.

Moore hasn't been dropped, he's just having his game time managed. That I get. The second row looks like a train in the tunnel (not good). Lukhan needs to come on from the bench all season, he's not ready to start yet. It should be Douglas despite how he's playing. He needs to be persevered with until his form returns. The backrow is the strongest put out all season but Houston needs to get his agent to get him a new gig. Stiles is clearly not a fan.

The backs make sense, except for Frisby whose card I would mark "not to be re-employed". George should be captain, Kerevi is a shocker of a decision.

If the Reds can survive the scrum and lineout they will win this.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow

Stiles mixing it up - good on him

Glad to see Moore and McIntyre get a well deserved rest;)

Very RG of Stiles mixing it up every weekend.
Just one solid 80 min team performance Would do me, so the Reds can get a consistent team on the field for the Rest of the season and finish 4th last not 3rd last.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very RG of Stiles mixing it up every weekend.
Just one solid 80 min team performance Would do me, so the Reds can get a consistent team on the field for the Rest of the season and finish 4th last not 3rd last.

Where's your faith - technically we're still a shot at the finals.... ;)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yikes. Not feeling as confident on this one anymore.

Hunt and QC (Quade Cooper) back for what its' worth.

I'd be looking at something like:

15 Hunt
14 Nabuli (although his defense was dire)
13 Kerevi (same)
12 Paia'aua
11 Perese
10 Cooper
9 Tuttle

8 Higginbotham
7 Smith
6 Tui (H)
5 Neville
4 Rodda
3 Tupou
2 Ready
1 Fa'agase

16 Moore
17 Vanzati
18 Talakai
19 Tui (L)
20 Timu/Korzcyk
21 Sorovi
22 Stewart
23 Kuridrani

Is Stewart the same one that featured in the Qld U20s?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Never saw Kerevi as captain material, too early in his career to be worried about that. Higgers was a great captain in Melbourne and Smith and Cooper have better credentials. But those guys and Hunt are probably the only ones garunteed a start so maybe Kerevi is a long term proposition.

T

TOCC

Dont think Houston really needs to be ragged on, its not really his fault, he was supposed to start against the Jaguares, injured his eye in the captains run and has been out injured since.. Prior to that it was Stiles decision not to select him.

Is he injury free now? If he were i'd imagine he would be featuring in the QPR like other Reds players have been.

Theres plenty of wasted players in the squad, Henry Taefu for one, I've never understood how he is a contracted player. Even Michael Gunn, he is a bit of a wasted spot IMO, barely makes an impact at NRC level let alone Super Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.