• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 8: Reds v Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Assuming Hamish Stewart is now being groomed as the heir apparent to QC (Quade Cooper). McIntyre had his chances but showed his lack of talent the last 3 games

Sad really when we have lost Greene and Mason. That so much opportunity was shown to McIntyre and now we are a littel short in the 5/8 position.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Houston has had plenty of time to impress. It was up to him to "force" his way into the side.

Now it looks like he has SOL (shit on Liver).

Don't want players at Ballymore who don't want to be there. Shithouse for team culture

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Houston has had plenty of time to impress. It was up to him to "force" his way into the side.

Now it looks like he has SOL (shit on Liver).

Don't want players at Ballymore who don't want to be there. Shithouse for team culture

What makes you say that?

T

TOCC

Hunt is playing phenomenally this year IMO, and he is neck to neck with Kerevi as been the most influential player in the backline IMO. Kerevi is the go to for meters and getting across the advantage line, but Hunt has been playing a play maker roles with the highest line break assists, off-loads and second most tackle busts.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Kerevi is a good choice for Captain. A amicable guy who loves rugby he certainly not going to piss refs off like Moore does. Could someone tell me why he's a bad choice especially with all the guys around him?

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Kings have won a lot of turnovers I believe this season and countered well against the Force last week from what I saw of the 2nd half.

Glad to see Moore given a rest, I haven't been impressed, despite his experience he hasn't seemed to make much impact on the field and as a captain he hasn't seemed able to change anything when the play has been going against the Reds. I would have liked Ready to start though, however I expect Stiles couldn't do that given he disciplined him last week. I hope to see him get plenty of game time.

I've liked the look of Perese when he has had game time, on defence and attack so hopefully he can make an impact.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Really, the critical issue for the Reds will be their defense. So many missed tackles in recent games. If they don't turn up in defense, the Kings will get the win based on their attack against the Force.

Almost last chance saloon for the Reds. A big win is needed for their confidence to face the rest of the season, and for the good of the Wallabies.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Hunt is playing phenomenally this year IMO, and he is neck to neck with Kerevi as been the most influential player in the backline IMO. Kerevi is the go to for meters and getting across the advantage line, but Hunt has been playing a play maker roles with the highest line break assists, off-loads and second most tackle busts.
Hunt and DHP are both currently playing much better than Folau. Be interesting to see if Cheika experiments a bit at the back and trials someone there, against the supposedly weaker teams.

T

TOCC

Hunt and DHP are both currently playing much better than Folau. Be interesting to see if Cheika experiments a bit at the back and trials someone there, against the supposedly weaker teams.

Agree, in fact i'l go on record in stating that Folau should be playing wing come the June test series, simply because he isn't the best outside centre and he isn't the inform fullback, but he is a such a talent that you can't leave him out of the team. DHP is the best fullback in Australia on form, and Hunt not far behind.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Agree, in fact i'l go on record in stating that Folau should be playing wing come the June test series, simply because he isn't the best outside centre and he isn't the inform fullback, but he is a such a talent that you can't leave him out of the team. DHP is the best fullback in Australia on form, and Hunt not far behind.

Surely on form Folau is on the bench, wherever you want to play him.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's free junior tickets with each adult seat purchased for today - being a 3pm kickoff it's a great game to take the kids to.

Is there any chance of us getting a crowd today or am I dreaming....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^ how are you expecting the ground to bear up after the Broncos v Titans last night? I seem to recall the last time the Reds played the day after the Broncos things got a little messy esp inside the 22 at one end.

Status
Not open for further replies.