• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie's Replacement

Who do you pick for next Wallabies coach ? (You get 2 votes)

• Phil Mooney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Friend

• Chris Hickey

• John Mitchell

• Ewen McKenzie

• Todd Louden

• Michael Cheika

• David Nucifora

• Jim Williams

• Michael Foley

• Tim Lane

• Alan Gaffney

• Jake White

• Eddie Jones

• Alan Jones

• Stick with Deans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Robbie has no answers. Who do you reckon does ?

Due to the number of contenders, you get 2 votes.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
Naza

Do you really think we have the cattle?

To beat South Africa ? No. But we're not improving. We're underachieving. And Robbie's softly softly, gently does it approach doesn't seem to be firing the boys up.

Interviewed after the game, Robbie looked bereft of ideas. Cull now.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm not voting, 'cause we have to suck it up and keep going until 2011.

But I reckon the dream team of Aussie coaching would be something like Link/Foles/Louden or Friend/Jim/Louden.

R

rugbywhisperer

maybe this -
'well, we are disappointed we have let down all the fans, I and the players take full responsibility and in line with the position entursted to me by the ARU I will not make the same mistakes again. We have made some errors and we are aware of them. Some players are not just good enough at this level'.
Well - for a start anyway.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
mark_s said:
Where is the option to stick with deans?

Added. Why stick with Deans ? If it was Eddie Jones coaching, you guys would be lighting torches and forming a lynch mob.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
naza said:
Why stick with Deans ?

because it's australian rugby in general that is fucked not just the national coach.

- QRU is is joke.
- We don't have a high standard national comp like NZ and SA do.
- no Australia A
- we have four super teams. they have five. it makes a big difference.

fix them first. give our national coach something to work with. then if he fucks it get rid of him.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I don't reckon we need a stick with Deans option, the question is for next Wallabies coach, not next weeks Wallabies coach.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Question tho boys is the problem the coach or the players?

Both because Deans keeps picking players who continue to under perform.

Deans so far has dropped Baxter(whoopi duckshit soft target) when Moore, Brown, Burgess & Horwill have all been drinking from the same trough as he puts it.

And it's not like we don't have players to replace the above mentioned.

Moore-TPN
Brown-Palu
Burgess-Genia
Horwill- Mumm

It's a good thing that Mumm isn't black as I'd be starting to think that Robbie's a bit racist.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
from a win percentatge, Deans now sits behind every Wallaby coach from the pro era.

He's even behind Dwyer (who had some lean periods despite the RWC91 win) and Alan Jones.

As a coach, he has already suffered more losses than McQueen did in his entire career. So to Alan Jones. So to Greg Smith. So to John Connolly.

Just the stats ma'am.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
As a coach, he has already suffered more losses than McQueen did in his entire career.

Deans needs to re-think his methods, the Boks power blew us off the park in under 20 minutes, maybe it's time to pick some bigger cattle.

it's clear he had thoughts of playing a very expansive fast style of rugby which hasn't worked at test level especially against the Boks maybe he needs to think horses for courses.

Drop the openside theory which hasn't worked & fill the pack with big crash ball runners like Palu, TPN & Alexander to get us over the adv line when we need to suck in defenders.

We need to improve in the tight & we need more rolling mauls & better pick & drives.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My gripe about the coaching in that match was (despite the Brown selection) that they obviously tried to run it more, and play more expansively. If that's the plan, then pick the team to play that plan. 12 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 13 Cross aint that team. 12 Gits/Cooper 13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
bring cheika over, rocky likes him and he is the only one that seems to care if we win or lose on the field. might keep him around past the world cup.

I called it ages ago, Robbie was a mistake from the beginning,will be at the end to. at least if it was a local he would be under so much pressure right now, but because of a super rugby record he is meant to be a god?

its the same with mitchel out west, inflated ego = deflated win coloumn. by the end of this year eddie jones should be begged to come back!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
disco said:
Drop the openside theory which hasn't worked & fill the pack with big crash ball runners like Palu, TPN & Alexander to get us over the adv line when we need to suck in defenders.

has the open side theory ever worked?
i remember fisher doing during his last year in the ACT (6. Salvi 7. Smith 8. Holies) and it working on some levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.