• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie's Replacement

Who do you pick for next Wallabies coach ? (You get 2 votes)

• Phil Mooney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Friend

• Chris Hickey

• John Mitchell

• Ewen McKenzie

• Todd Louden

• Michael Cheika

• David Nucifora

• Jim Williams

• Michael Foley

• Tim Lane

• Alan Gaffney

• Jake White

• Eddie Jones

• Alan Jones

• Stick with Deans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flippie van der Merwe

Rudolp Straeuli - ag, man bring back Kamp Staaldraad.

Toughen up fokken moffies. Look forward to nother round wit Gerry Coetzee dit Saterdag.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
louie said:
quote:
"Worst of all, Burgess turned his back on rival Fourie du Preez when South Africa were awarded a penalty near the line, allowing him to scoot past to score after taking a quick tap."

i'd forgotten about that.

I thought it was AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Maybe both

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I didn't think it was Burgo's fault either. Actually I recall him having a pretty decent game

S

Spook

Moses said:
I didn't think it was Burgo's fault either. Actually I recall him having a pretty decent game

What drugs are you on? :nta: ;) His passing was worse than ever.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
louie said:
just looked at the tape it was both.

And the funny thing was that it was Brown's inability to comprehend the rules that caused the penalty in the first place. The people I mentioned in 'The Usual Suspects' - Brown, Gits, Burgess & The Wings have all made critical errors and critical times in each of the 3N games so far. Without these players on the field I suspect we would have won both AB games and maybe SA in Perth.

I can't understand how they keep getting picked?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scotty said:
louie said:
just looked at the tape it was both.

And the funny thing was that it was Brown's inability to comprehend the rules that caused the penalty in the first place. The people I mentioned in 'The Usual Suspects' - Brown, Gits, Burgess & The Wings have all made critical errors and critical times in each of the 3N games so far. Without these players on the field I suspect we would have won both AB games and maybe SA in Perth.

I can't understand how they keep getting picked?

That wouldn't have changed the match, we were getting blown away at the tackle in Perth, the Boks were smashing through tackles and popping passes at will.

In the first AB Barnes had a good part in the loss as well.

The wings errors are about the pressure the Boks are creating, the whole back three have little experience, guys like Lote, despite his faults, would have been handy under the high balls.

But it would also help if the rest of the backs and backrow actually worked harder and got back into support positions instead of just running interference

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That wouldn't have changed the match, we were getting blown away at the tackle in Perth, the Boks were smashing through tackles and popping passes at will.

I agree, we were getting smashed at the tackle, at least in the first 25 mintues. Despite this three of their tries came from first phase (2 simple defensive errors off scrums, 1 due to laziness after a penalty that should never have occurred in the first place), and the forth try of a simple dropped ball off a kick (it is ridiculous to suggest that any of the other backs or backrowers should have been there in support the moment he dropped that ball, and the same goes for when Mitchell fielded Carter's kick for the corner in Sydney).

Anyway, that is also why I said changing these players (or in the case of Giteau his position) only maybe would have changed the result in Perth.

My talk of the 'usual suspects' has been players that haven't performed over the entire series - Burgess has had one good game out of 4, Giteau has had moments of brilliance but a general inability to control the game, Brown and the wings have been average the entire series.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Who voted for John Mitchell? Come on, hand up. I can wait all day.

Right, well, you can ALL stay back at lunchtime.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
And on Barnes' role in the loss to the ABs - yes he made a critical mistake in not passing to Mortlock, but I'd suggest his role in losing the game was more due to him getting injured and leaving Giteau to take on all responsibility. Over the series we have looked weaker in defense and directionless around the field with him off the park.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Scarfman said:
Who voted for John Mitchell? Come on, hand up. I can wait all day.

Right, well, you can ALL stay back at lunchtime.

the system shows me who i voted for, so obviously it keeps track. can't you use your scarfie powers to sleuth it? while you're at it see who voted for hickey. i'm not sure either are qualified to drive a team bus much less coach a team.

they've both caught a lot of flak for their super 14 coaching. not close to heading up the wallabies.

P

Part of the union

Great give the players another excuse for playing like a bunch of park footballers with a hangover. Deans does not miss tackles, throw passes over people's heads or behind them.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Newb said:
the system shows me who i voted for, so obviously it keeps track. can't you use your scarfie powers to sleuth it?

Oh, I know alright. I just wanted chriscullen to admit it. Oops.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting question.

Would we prefer Aus to be playing limited, cynical, "prudent" winning rugby al la "Link" and win more games, or play open attacking rugby and maybe win more games in the future?

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I think Link is capable of adjusting depending on the players at his disposal. His current Std team have the worst defensive record in the Top 14 and are playing a fair bit of touch footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.