• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robot Scrum Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yeah, I agree. That'd be especially important in a phase two device, in which the RFRs (robot front rowers) have independent movement. Perhaps the robot props would have fixed outer arms as well, to facilitate a realistic bind and apply a realistic force. In a phase three device (where the RFRs are fully robotised) then those outer arms would move. But that is a significantly more complicated machine.

Well it would have to be, wouldn't it? I mean you couldn't have a robotic arm reaching out and tearing off an opposing THPs testicles. All it has to do is squeeze them.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well it would have to be, wouldn't it? I mean you couldn't have a robotic arm reaching out and tearing off an opposing THPs testicles. All it has to do is squeeze them.

Even simpler, a 12V car battery and a cattle prod attachment - fewer moving parts, and equally effective I'm sure.

T

tranquility

are there any pictures of the french robot scrum machine? it sounds pretty lethal.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
From this weeks Total Rugby episode

[video=youtube;8PUhYxHzcFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUhYxHzcFY[/video]

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I saw that the other night. Looks very interesting, especially the ability to alter the vectors of force so precisely, and to set it to simulate certain opposition packs.
I wonder if it has a "Deckchair" setting to replicate scrumming against the Wobbs?

B

benjamanus777

watch this and it will definetly answer your questions:)

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

watch this and it will definetly answer your questions:)
"just half an hour a week and only a couple of impacts". Marc Lievremont, Head Coach, France

Yeah, that'll work. Very Gallic approach. A development budget that could have gone close to putting a Jean-Claude on the moon, and the pack has just "a couple of impacts" before breaking for a Gauloise and a Kir.

"it accurately replicates twisting and collapsing scrums". What odds Eddie Jones has bought a couple of units for the Japanese pack?

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Status
Not open for further replies.