• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 2017 Rebels v Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Blues kicking, and particularly high ball kicking has been excellent. Major difference between the two sides ATM, at least for mine.

40 minutes in is early to make an assessment, but Rebels seem to have improved the overall execution of the game plan and skills but the poor individual decision making continues.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We have been good under the high ball, though. Some good stuff from the Rebels, brain-snaps aside from the rookies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
You mean Jack D has been good under the high ball.

Hodge and Placid, not so much.

Playing outside of Gorton Parkingspot can't be helping but Hodge is really not having a good game by any standard right now.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
A pretty flat first half effort from les Blues. Two blind-side jail breaks and R.Ioane thievery, notwithstanding.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Some classic Martin analysis here - talking about a difference of 4-5 offloads and not the extra minute and a half the Blues have spent inside the Rebels 22 which was right on the fucking screen in front of you Marto you bloody loud idiot

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Blues kicking, and particularly high ball kicking has been excellent. Major difference between the two sides ATM, at least for mine.

40 minutes in is early to make an assessment, but Rebels seem to have improved the overall execution of the game plan and skills but the poor individual decision making continues.
IMHO looks like they are overplaying at times. Maybe a little less red cordial and one less bum slap pre-game to settle it down.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I have to say awesome effort by Colby to be playing tonight. Condolence to the Fainga'a's on the passing of their father.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
High scoring trend continues, 64 points in 60 minutes. "No Away Winner (Ever)" trend being axe murdered...........

EDIT: Reiko completes his hat trick & Blues have scored 36 unanswered in not much more than 25 minutes.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Pathetic.

We're missing a few good players.

But so are the Blues, and they're the weakest NZ team.

JGB has clearly been appointed the answer at 10 and will have the jersey for the season.

At this stage I'd give up aspirations of staying in the comp and just play likely/potential Wallabies and as many Victorians as possible in the hopes that a few pick up contracts when we are kicked out. Then at least we would have accomplished something in 7 seasons.

Reactions: mst

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
So how long till Tony McGahan gets the sack? That abject.

He's this years Richard Graham or Michael Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.