• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 - Reds vs Sharks, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 24th February @ 8:00pm AEDT (7:00pm AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I agree he was wrongly done by, but if he had aimed a little lower there would be no issue.

The problem with the new rules are how do you tackle TPN or S Faainga? both lead with their heads and contact is inevitable

Was interesting to hear Gus Gardiner say last night the call was correct because as Hunt hit him he was still using force where as if he had seen the player going lower and still just hit him probably wouldn't of been a card. Funnily enough though I not keen on the law, I can understand it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He was trying to knock Mvovo into touch and Mvovo went low to try and avoid being knocked into touch. The on field ref said that the contact, although high, wasn't that bad but the tackle was reckless and that meant a YC. I think if from Hunt's position when Mvovo started going lower, Hunt tried to pull out of that, it would've gotten a whole lot more reckless/dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.