• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 15 - Chiefs vs Waratahs @ The Tron - Saturday 5:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Given its in NZ Jacko was probably the most likely. But the breakdowns are always a lottery with him.

;) Nothing like having excuses ready huh Hawko, just in case you need them :D. Though to be honest mate I not sure you will, I actually think the Tahs are looking ok!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
;) Nothing like having excuses ready huh Hawko, just in case you need them :D. Though to be honest mate I not sure you will, I actually think the Tahs are looking ok!

They've got to be better than ok, they have got to excel. No mistakes, no backward steps, no poor discipline.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It started raining here last Tuesday night & isn't due to stop until Friday arvo at the earliest. Oh & it's been sub-15C for most of that time. Plus foggy most mornings & not clearing until mid-morning. Welcome to The Tron in the week before winter officially starts :)

Forecast for Saturday actually isn't too bad, mostly sunny & a max of 14, dropping to single figures by game time & late rain but possibly not until it's all over bar the post-match.

I've been offered tix but declined with thanks on account of it plan on watching it in my lounge in front of the fire.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Although the Chiefs have lots of injuries and have travelled from SA, their four best players who are all in the AB's went home a week early, went to the AB training/meeting and will be fully rested and not jet-lag fatigued. That includes Lurch, who is the best lock in the competition by miles and who has been absolutely on fire. This week will not be a pushover and if we can bag this game away we will be doing very, very well, plus we will need a slice of luck to go our way. Refereeing will be critical. Another O'Keefe-like performance and we are done.

Lurch has gone to another level this year, easily the best lock in the world.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
WTF has Palmer done (since his encouraging coupla cameos earlier in the season) to be not considered these past few weeks. As I pointed out to fatprop during the Lions match the Tahs scrum stopped going backwards when Nick came on, that's gotta be worth something.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
WTF has Palmer done (since his encouraging coupla cameos earlier in the season) to be not considered these past few weeks. As I pointed out to fatprop during the Lions match the Tahs scrum stopped going backwards when Nick came on, that's gotta be worth something.

I think he's injured. Hasn't been in the last couple of Norths teams.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Given its in NZ Jacko was probably the most likely. But the breakdowns are always a lottery with him.

In a tight game, Jacko tends to lose the plot and it becomes a free-for-all. I fear the Chiefs will be better equipped in that case.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Solomon Alaimalo, Toni Pulu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Charlie Ngatai (c), Sean Wainui, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber, Liam Messam, Mitch Karpik, Luke Jacobson, Michael Allardice, Brodie Retallick, Angus Ta'avao, Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Sam Prattley, Jeff Thwaites, Jesse Parete, Matt Matich, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Marty McKenzie, Shaun Stevenson.

Status
Not open for further replies.