• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Rebels v Force 8pm - 1st March

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If you're giving up 48 points to the Rebels, bad luck isn't your biggest problem
That's a good point. The rebels clearly can't let teams get in front like that. They looked terrible and were lucky to get back in the game with the intercept and a couple of fluke trys. Once they were in the game they actually looked decent

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Exciting game, lots happened though very little of it was defence.

Rebels did very well to flip that deficit and win with a bonus point but equally that was very poor from the force. They played better when their scrum was getting shredded than they did when it wasn't a handbrake any longer.

Both teams looking very flawed at this stage.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Exciting game, lots happened though very little of it was defence.

Rebels did very well to flip that deficit and win with a bonus point but equally that was very poor from the force. They played better when their scrum was getting shredded than they did when it wasn't a handbrake any longer.

Both teams looking very flawed at this stage.
Can't disagree

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Gotta feel for you force fans, that was like our entire last season. Didn't matter who it was, for 60 min we would puch then and often dominate only to give it all up in the last 20.

I'll take the win but both teams will need to do better in coming weeks. Defence was rubbish

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I really liked Kemeney's try. The whole build up was more like we played last year. That aside, the rest of the tries were more because the force let us play rather than us creating it.

It sort of felt like someone flipped a switch at the 60 min mark. Maybe they were waiting for the best spot betting before putting down a large sum on it. We have to pay off that debt somehow ;-)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
As a neutral I thought it was a good game to watch there were definitely a few parts that were pretty loose - but at least both teams had a crack. Rebels really need to sort their lineouts and the Force injury toll at prop is almost comical (not so if you’re a Force Fan I’m guessing). Both teams coaches have plenty of work ons but both teams also can take some positives.

Thought young Williams was excellent for the Force. Happy to see Daugunu play some good rugby.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Outside of that the Rebels were always going to be too strong off the bench, the Force started well to their credit the Rebels line out issues continued. Not sure who the new defensive coach is but we have seemed incredibly poor over the opening two weeks. At the ground live both times, the line speed is very slow