• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2 - Reds vs Highlanders at Forsyth Barr

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Absolutely gutted by the result but immensely heartened by the performance. The guys showed some real ticker & pride in the jersey. So so good to see.

Unfortunately the dodgy lineout in the last 15 mins and some mindless kicking really let us down.

But apart from that a great team effort.

Highlanders took their opportunities well, they had belief and never gave up when momentum went Qld's way.

Let's hope we can improve next week & get a much needed win.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Your post went out of date very quickly after the Brumbies terrific showing. Tahs aside, a very pleasing weekend of Australian Super Rugby, in fact, probably the best in recent memory. Meanwhile, the Blues, Chiefs, and Hurricanes were all smashed. Next weekend the Reds, Rebels, and Brumbies are all lining up against Kiwi sides and there's a realistic prospect of us winning 2/3 of those games. Strange times we are living in.

So you think the Rebels will probably lose then?;)

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Your post went out of date very quickly after the Brumbies terrific showing. Tahs aside, a very pleasing weekend of Australian Super Rugby, in fact, probably the best in recent memory. Meanwhile, the Blues, Chiefs, and Hurricanes were all smashed. Next weekend the Reds, Rebels, and Brumbies are all lining up against Kiwi sides and there's a realistic prospect of us winning 2/3 of those games. Strange times we are living in.

Not withstanding the blow-out scoreline in the Brumbies game I rate the Reds game higher simply because the Hurricanes were pretty awful in a lot of their play. Yes the Brumbies played well and executed some lovely rugby, but as direct comparison the Reds opponents offered a far sterner challenge and hence why I rate that achievement higher in relative terms, indeed even if they lost I thought the Reds played some outstanding Rugby.