• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Reds vs Chiefs, 6:45pm AEST - Saturday 9th of March @ Suncorp

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
There's potentially an argument that the slow motion whiplash made it look worse, but it's the sort of shit you'd see on social media of a bigger kid just violently ironing out someone smaller.

Rugby is hard enough without rubbish like that.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
One good aspect to this is that Lynagh survived and played on.
Intersting that the medical staff didn't take a more conservative approach with this one. It was a significant blow. Trust the experts I guess.....

What causes concussion?

Concussion can be caused by a direct blow to the head, but can also occur when blows to other parts of the body result in rapid movement of the head, e.g. whiplash type injuries

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Never showed anything at the time from what I could see. Moved straight away onto all fours like he was winded which makes a lot of sense. Got rocked.

I was surprised to see Flook come back on tbh. He looked rattled before the trainer got him and they took a knee. I know they said he passed the test but he seemed wobbly at the time.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Never showed anything at the time from what I could see. Moved straight away onto all fours like he was winded which makes a lot of sense. Got rocked.

I was surprised to see Flook come back on tbh. He looked rattled before the trainer got him and they took a knee. I know they said he passed the test but he seemed wobbly at the time.
It baffles me that Jordie stayed on the paddock for another 5mins after taking that shot to the head in round 2. That should be automatic. If a tackler gets a card for a high shot the tacklee also needs to go off for a HIA.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Uru went down clutching his head/face just at half time too.

A cynical viewer may suggest he was playing for a high tackle penalty which wasn't given, but if you are going to show symptoms like that, then the medical staff have a responsibility to take you off I would have thought. Maybe they did a proper assessment during half time?

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
Especially seeing as Lynagh had just gotten up from a stinger to his shoulder a couple of phases beforehand - they were definitely targeting him & trying to take him out of the game!

Low act and definitely deserving of a yellow at the time.
My wife was getting pretty cranky with the Chiefs already for a couple of off-the-ball incidents on Lynagh before that last one.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought Ben OKeefe called a great game. Keep the cheese and beetroot in the pocket and play on.

the lynagh dog shot non call was just karma for the Sef head clash non call.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
the lynagh dog shot non call was just karma for the Sef head clash non call.
BOK can be heard confirming with the TMO that it was a "head clash only" rather than foul play, so it was looked at. Both had low body height from memory, so probably the right call - even though it deviates from what we've seen in previous years.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Chiming in late to congratulate you banana benders on that win. Epic in all senses of the word.

I thought the hit on Lynagh was an absolute dog shot that warranted a yellow card. I don't give a shit about the head impact or wrapped arm - the tackler committed to the hit after the ball was passed and smashed the smallest bloke on the field from his blind spot. Absolutely terrible.
Yep, dont care it was the smallest guy on the field it was so so so late, its just a cheap shot off the ball. yellow all day.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Got to say HMP has made some big plays off the bench. Really love his hustle and increase in tempo. I'd like him to stay in the 22 jersey for the season.
He would not be out of place with a 10 on his back. He looks strong enough, and certainly talented enough.

That said I really like Lynagh.