• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 - Festival of Hate - Qld v NSW

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Stewart seems to be in the team for his defence. He doesn't seem to do much, if anything, in attack. When the Reds have the ball he seems a bit lost, I don't blame him as it seems to be a team tactic. If we want to develop him he needs to actually be put in a position to do what a 10 should do.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I find it strange as Stewart doesn't seem to be hidden in defence , he actually was at 13 in defence against Crusaders (at least a couple of times I noticed), as that is probably one of hardest places to defend, and didn't notice him missing tackles. Just got me beat what they are trying to do with him.

Missed the initial tackle for the long range try scored by the fullback (I think). Give him his due he stayed in the chase and was the tackler on the try scorer over the line, but it was a very telling miss in the first place.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
The two biggest rivals and generally the nastiest game in the Australian domestic calendar. Definitely looking forward to it, im actually going to tip the Reds to win. Can't see the Tahs coping with the Reds scrum and won't win the contact battle.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm heading down to watch this. We more excited before last weekend but my excitement is building.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
What's McGahan like as an out of hand kicker????? Could almost work pushing Stewart to 12 and play a territory game hoping to go from set piece to set piece in the right parts of the field.

Btw i have no idea what McGahan is like as a player, might be a terrible tactical kicker

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Looking at a video I found of his highlights I don't think he's a kicking 10. I can see why Thorn likes him though,

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Now I did not expect that! I still feel we were underpowered in the locks. TBF there WAS an awe full of of D and the lock pod is usually required to do the heavy lifting in attack. May not have been much left in the legs after the D and the set piece.

I though HH was real good. Looks like a 2m tall 12yr old but was bashing blokes.

B

Bobby Sands

NSW are puss, we should win this even without Jordy.

Let the Wallaby purge begin.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I love this match, I am in full Reds supporter mode (while of course always having Canes), and really enjoy over the week taking a couple of minutes out of each day to think what pussies the whole NSW team is:p, how dirty all their players are;), and that really their supporters are only one step up the ecological scale from blind underground living slugs that are so low and rare there is not even a name for them:D!!
I mean really NSW?? Who would even visit the place if they had a choice, christ you call your main city Sydney, hell I never met a Sydney I liked!

Time to enjoy the week!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Huge game for the Tahs. After a couple of dusty performances, a win here would put them in a solid position after round 4. A loss and they're staring down the barrel of a dismal start to the season with the Brumbies away next week and then the Crusaders at home.

Reds have had two plucky losses and fans are reasonably upbeat but another loss here and then a trip to Tokyo to play the Sunwolves could be a real risk of their season falling apart without ever really getting off the ground.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't have the same level of excitement of this game. I think the Tahs will win and I think it will be a pretty average game.

this was always going to be a tough start to the season for the Reds and it just got harder with the Sunwolves' form.

We are a legitimate bottom of the table squad.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Agree Reg, this could be a real challenge for fans as neither side wants to lose to the other. But if there is a blow out, I fear it will be the Tahs by many.