• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Lions v Reds, Sun 19 March @ 1:15am AEST Ellis Park, Johannesberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I am with Ulrich on this one. To much out of refs even AR? What about players playing to the ref? That's basics in rugby coach at primary school in SA. Play to the vokken whistle, how difficult is that?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The smart fans complain about the ref when their team wins.

Then you can go off with both barrels (Shiggins style) when your team loses and claim that you're consistent and don't just do it when your team loses. :D
I like how you've ascribed so much cunning to Shiggins' plan.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
On the contrary. I'm saying that if you criticise when you win you can go off like Shiggins when you lose without sounding fully cooked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Careful, or I will:-
a) Involve you in a signature / avatar bet
b) Ban you for egregious oxymoron use.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Reds' coach at least seems to appreciate that building takes a little time. Seems Ackerman might accept the offer from Gloucester.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ackerman gone by all accounts. That's a disaster for The Lions and South African rugby. He is the ONLY world-class coach currently coaching in South Africa. Most are unproven (du Preez) or pretenders (Fleck, Marais).

All just adds to the rapid decline of SA rugby.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I am with Ulrich on this one. To much out of refs even AR? What about players playing to the ref? That's basics in rugby coach at primary school in SA. Play to the vokken whistle, how difficult is that?

Actually PaarlB, I was discussing the very same thing with a mate on weekend, said mate coaches a Prem colts team here in Qld, and has a pretty large polynesian player base, as he said he has got it into his player's heads that many refs perhaps look at them and think well we know how you lot play etc etc, so he just says if you think the ref is hard on you, be extra polite, and sir ,please etc etc are words I expect to hear when you talking to ref, even off the field, in other words YOU change the refs opinion, and don't expect them to change without you proving them wrong.
In other words play the ref!!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ackerman gone by all accounts. That's a disaster for The Lions and South African rugby. He is the ONLY world-class coach currently coaching in South Africa. Most are unproven (du Preez) or pretenders (Fleck, Marais).

All just adds to the rapid decline of SA rugby.
Decline of SA rugby? You should support Aus rugby. It's closer to you

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Decline of SA rugby? You should support Aus rugby. It's closer to you

Now Paarl. You need to grow some thinking flaps.

Why would one swap one shit, fucked up, self serving, incompetent, delusional, naval gazing, self-obsessed, inward focused, politically motivated, poorly administered, low crowd-numbered, badly marketed and out of touch with reality system for another?

The only thing I would gain if I swapped is one that is not corrupt and racist. Nah, still not worth it.

On that note though. You should support Zimbabwe. At least you don't have to wonder where it's going. It's already there. Certainty and all that. Shortcut.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I reckon, to be fair, nearly all supporters of a losing team often "blame" the referee. Don't think I've ever heard a supporter of the winning team say that the ref was shit.

Refs aren't perfect - they often DO make mistakes - thankfully it is fairly rare that the Refs shit decision determines the outcome of a game but it can cause a momentum shift.

Refs are fair game to all followers of the game
How dare you think I would blame a referee, I only blame his decisions....he might actually be a nice guy

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Now Paarl. You need to grow some thinking flaps.

Why would one swap one shit, fucked up, self serving, incompetent, delusional, naval gazing, self-obsessed, inward focused, politically motivated, poorly administered, low crowd-numbered, badly marketed and out of touch with reality system for another?

The only thing I would gain if I swapped is one that is not corrupt and racist. Nah, still not worth it.

On that note though. You should support Zimbabwe. At least you don't have to wonder where it's going. It's already there. Certainty and all that. Shortcut.
Stick with the Tahs Boet, they have blue shirts, have a flower and need chicken runner support. SA don't need supporters like you.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Stick with the Tahs Boet, they have blue shirts, have a flower and need chicken runner support. SA don't need supporters like you.

Delusion is dangerous. You need to get that checked.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Actually PaarlB, I was discussing the very same thing with a mate on weekend, said mate coaches a Prem colts team here in Qld, and has a pretty large polynesian player base, as he said he has got it into his player's heads that many refs perhaps look at them and think well we know how you lot play etc etc, so he just says if you think the ref is hard on you, be extra polite, and sir ,please etc etc are words I expect to hear when you talking to ref, even off the field, in other words YOU change the refs opinion, and don't expect them to change without you proving them wrong.
In other words play the ref!!!

Manage the ref is a better term, that's what Richie was an absolute master of. The bugger.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Delusion is dangerous. You need to get that checked.
Have you watched the Proteas lately. If you did , you are the delusion chicken runner. Do you think players like Rabada, Bavuma and Maharaj would be discovery of cricket followed the way your hero, Heyneke Meyer distroyed our rugby with selecting white old age homers like Matfield, Burger and JdV? AC have to start with nothing, vokol. You obvious have no knowledge about SA rugby structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.