• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Brumbies v Highlanders, Sat 25 March, 7:45pm AEDT - GIO Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
On the money there Teach. Either Speight or Kuridrani in that situation would have been more likely to break the line.

One other observation I've been meaning to make too. The Brumbies (as are most maybe all of the Aus sides) continue to play the sliding defense in their own 22m area. The lack of sense in doing this was dramatically illustrated by the two very wide but accurate passes leading to the first Highlanders' try. A sliding defense anywhere on the field is simply an invitation to the opposition to make many valuable metres down the flanks. In the 22m area it just tends to gift a try to the attacking backline.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty exciting game.

As a reds bloke I cannot honestly say I didn't support the Landers.

Thought Speight is nearly back to his best and Fardy was immense. Powell was absolute crap a couple of times after the forwards had worked their guts out.

Brumbies game management in the last 10-12 minutes was terrible and cost them the game.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
There was another minor one: kick through with Speight chasing and Ben Smith grabbed his arm: didn't we lose a Bledisloe on the back of a similar offence less than 12 months ago?
One things for sure all of this just proves that you make your own luck and the uncertainty and so forth gives rise to minor things getting out of proportion.
I must say, however (and for all the criticism of their style) I am enjoying my new found love of the Brumbies much more than I ever enjoyed my forced (by geography) support of the Tahs.
Don't you have a vested interested in the brumbies esp the u20 side?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Went ti the game enjoyed it... Brumbies were the better team and with a little luck with the bounce of the ball would have score more tries.. But all respect to the Clan their defence was excellent and stole the win... 11,000 plus fans was an improvement... Its so easy to attend matches ins Canberra parking just $7 in and out fast... The local and country crowds which attend are great people too...

Status
Not open for further replies.