• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Force v Reds - Perth

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Jesus it's one loss and you're already jumping on to the conclusion that the brumbies are better than the reds. Bumbies literally got put 30 points on by the Chiefs, the same team that the Reds beat.
The Brumbies beat the Force?

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Well done Force. Just finished watching the end of the replay - totally surprised me but good to see the Force performing well. Just a shame that it was at the expense of the Reds.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
20240323_205116.jpg

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Was never a Donaldson fan last year but now he is with us love him. The running game is one thing but I don’t remember the force ever having such a good kicker out of hand, good distance and very accurate. In comparison Lynagh had a little pop gun

And what a centre combo we have, I give it less than 2 years before Spink plays for England

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well , I am surprised , but not upset with the news Force have won. Didn't stay up to watch game, kind of wish I had of, but upsets etc like this make for good comp don't they?
I think in my picks I may of picked this game as biggest score of weekend, to the Reds:mad::mad::rolleyes:. What do I know?:D

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Play of the day...at 22:10 on the clock.

Tom Horton drops Wilson with a beauty of a tackle in mid-field and then 3 phases later, he and Stewart put another huge hit on Hunter Paisami.

Stewart completes the tackle, turns over the ball, and kicks to 2m out all in one motion for the counter-ruck try.

The Reds realize they are really in a game of rugby at this point

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Can someone explain how the TMO finds no issue with the reds knocking the ball on 1m into a force player and then tate scoring on the next phase?
Shiggins, on this one I agree. Looked like Uru clearly knocked that one on. Medrano’s held up maul turnover was also suspect as his knees touch the ground before he’s brought aloft again.

Thankfully it didn’t matter in the end and the better team on the night deservedly won. Great for AU rugby to have some competition. Reds far off their best, but the Force also really great. Well done. Enjoy it.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fuck so much pandering to each others fan bases.

The Reds were woeful. Wilson with more handling errors than an u8s team, Paisami in the midfield looking like he hadn’t trained with the team for a month and that stopped any back momentum, no forwards cohesion from the set piece, Vunivalu back to being a $700k hit shield holder, the list goes on.

The Force definitely had more energy and pounced on the Reds but let’s not act like the Force are suddenly going to win the comp. If anything it highlights the lack of consistency within the Aussie sides and our inability to play through adverse conditions (see also Tahs game).

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
With 5mins to go I’m sure most Force fans were shitting bricks. Nearly lost it at the death.

The MOTM is definitely Donaldson who showed some expert time wasting at the death. I reckon he managed to chew off about 3mins across a number of restarts in that final portion of the game.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Within this woeful game lies the great failure of Australian rugby. The ability for a very? short time to show professionalism, dedication to a plan, speed and support of both attack and the breakdown and the balls to execute it, only to follow up with pusillanimous submission without a shot being fired.

The Reds should hang their collective heads in shame. I too share their shame as I was fooled into thinking this was the start of the rising of the Australian Rugby Boat from its imminent sinking.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fuck so much pandering to each others fan bases.

The Reds were woeful. Wilson with more handling errors than an u8s team, Paisami in the midfield looking like he hadn’t trained with the team for a month and that stopped any back momentum, no forwards cohesion from the set piece, Vunivalu back to being a $700k hit shield holder, the list goes on.

The Force definitely had more energy and pounced on the Reds but let’s not act like the Force are suddenly going to win the comp. If anything it highlights the lack of consistency within the Aussie sides and our inability to play through adverse conditions (see also Tahs game).
I reckon the loss of Henry will be bigger than might have otherwise been thought. I reckon he's already better than Paisami.