• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Rebels v Waratahs, Friday the 24th of March AAMI Park @7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
No Lineout + No Scrum = No Ball = NO POINTS
must be able to compete at set piece , look what we can do with the ball in first half .
some great performances ,, not convinced whatsisname is our best option at 10 ,,misses tackles,,

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Ok.

Breathe.

How long has it been since there was any confidence in our set piece? The scrum's been iffy since PAE shipped off to France (RIP) and the lineout has been crook since Ged went back to NZ to chase an AB jersey. You can't have a sub-par set piece and expect to compete.

What was good? The back row ran themselves into the ground and had a blinder.

Porkchop looks more assured at 5/8 every week.

Koroibete had a great game. He's come with the accolades for the flashy stuff with the ball, but he owned his wing and mad some brilliant tackles in difficult situations.

Leafa was very unlucky in the final few minutes. It's one thing to say we had the rub of the green in the first half, but he won that contest and was pinged unfairly. On his feet, on the ball = player not releasing. Had it happened at any other point it'd be glossed over but it was pivotal.

Shallow analysis is that we didn't have the gas and depth to run it out for 80 minutes. Hopefully the injury gods smile and when we come back to full strength we'll see improvements.

Onwards.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Penalty count in the 2nd half 9-3 and the Rebels only had 25% possion.

Pickerill with one of the most bias half of rugby I have ever seen. Its holding on to the ball if its the Rebels attacking and its not releasing when the Rebels were defending. So many time the Tahs forwards dived into a ruck off their feet and npt once was it fucking called.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Great first half, terrible second half. Agree the ref didn't help Tahs entered the ruck from the side a few times in second half and got away.

It was great to meet Oztimmay, KevinO, Andrew and Calvin prior to the game.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The call that still has me raging. A lock goes straight through a maul and gets done for coming from the side? WTF, hos been attacked the whole time so he couldn't have come from the side.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
So many time the Tahs forwards dived into a ruck off their feet and npt once was it fucking called.

Yeah, I spotted that too but they get away with it everytime they play us. No other team seems to but always the Tahs. I used to think it was a conspiracy but I lost my tin hat.

Bloody annoying though.

For me the pivot point was when Hodge passed up on the penalty then kicked it out with about a five metre gain onto our 22 instead of 5m out where it should have been. Tahs could attack the line-out, got the steal and it seemed to give them the belief that they could steal any of our set piece ball (rightly so as it turned out). Makes me wonder what would have happened if we kicked the penalty and then got the ball with confidence of more points on the board.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
The other thing that is annoying is our set piece, we struggled to win our own scrum or own lineout.

Also Oztimmay after the match I ventured across the bridge for the last quarter and a half at the G and saw the Pies lose too.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The other thing that is annoying is our set piece, we struggled to win our own scrum or own lineout.

Also Oztimmay after the match I ventured across the bridge for the last quarter and a half at the G and saw the Pies lose too.
Sucker for punishment

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
If ever a team needed sport psychologist to deal with pressure! As soon as the momentum shifts and pressure goes on they completely morph into basket case.

Was it my imagination or did the Rebels defence back off and become passive in that second half once they were under pressure, and all exits defaulted back to the panicked just kick it up field anywhere tactic?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not for a Pies fan.

Nope.........

494008-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
If ever a team needed sport psychologist to deal with pressure! As soon as the momentum shifts and pressure goes on they completely morph into basket case.

Was it my imagination or did the Rebels defence back off and become passive in that second half once they were under pressure, and all exits defaulted back to the panicked just kick it up field anywhere tactic?
I still don't know how the rebels lost that game but equally credit to the tahs for finally showing some fight

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Retallick and Day concussion protocols for next week. English ankle, Sefa dislocated his shoulder. Did not say what was wrong with Hanson. We only had 14 on the field when Colby was sent off so was trying to finish the game with 13 according to TT interview.

Excuses are not good enough. When is McMahon back? Timani should be next week and will need to play lock. Smith would still be at least 6 weeks away.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
P

Pickerill with one of the most bias half of rugby I have ever seen. Its holding on to the ball if its the Rebels attacking and its not releasing when the Rebels were defending. So many time the Tahs forwards dived into a ruck off their feet and npt once was it fucking called.

Have to agree with you on both counts

Status
Not open for further replies.