• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Reds v. Hurricanes, April 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez finally a match thread worth reading!!!
As a Canes man who intends going to Suncorp for my 2nd game this week, I am seriously thinking it can only end in humiliation for moi, so may have to go incognito!!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Best you beg borrow or steal a Reds jersey Dan. It's gonna get ugly. The Reds will have been training in a week long opposed run against Tropical Cyclone Debbie. They will be at Category 5 by the time they reach kick-off and your ridiculously named 'Hurricanes' will know the wrath of a proper QLD storm.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What you people have clearly not accounted for is S Moore's for-certain declaration later this week that

'...our preparation has been been really excellent all week and the boys have performed really well at training..'

The fact that this pre-game statement from virtually any 2017 Australian Super team typically presages an Almighty Fuck-up in the Actual Match should not deter REAL REDS FANS from being convinced of the predictive power of Moore's uplifting declaration next Saturday morning.

[The Dismal Pillock will no doubt have a succinct graphically expressed view on all this, and I await it, tremulously.]

Clearly you have failed to examine my peer-reviewed (by USARugger) objective statistical analysis of the Queensland Reds Rugby Football Union team for the 2017 Super Rugby Season and beyond.

But seriously, wtf do you expect him to say? "yeah mate we trained and prepared like shit and we're gonna get flogged on the weekend"?

It's just PR bullshit

Reactions: gel

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Clearly you have failed to examine my peer-reviewed (by USARugger) objective statistical analysis of the Queensland Reds Rugby Football Union team for the 2017 Super Rugby Season and beyond.

But seriously, wtf do you expect him to say? "yeah mate we trained and prepared like shit and we're gonna get flogged on the weekend"?

It's just PR bullshit

Chill Torp; I was just having a laugh at this 'PR bullshit' which is so often espoused with utter seriousness virtually every week.

But, I have to say, I sometimes believe it is said with at least a degree of sincere earnestness as though such an assessment of the pre-game training will somehow deliver the expected match outcome.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Chill Torp; I was just having a laugh at this 'PR bullshit' which is so often espoused with utter seriousness virtually every week.

But, I have to say, I sometimes believe it is said with at least a degree of sincere earnestness as though such an assessment of the pre-game training will somehow deliver the expected match outcome.

Fair enough.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
2w39owi.png

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
In light of the recent struggles against the opposition and ourselves, the Queensland Reds are happy to announce that our organization has decided to embrace the empowerment of FULL COMMUNISM.

We'd also like to announce the promotion of Comrade Karmichael to the position of Glorious Leader. Leading from the front, our comrade has yet to let us down and will ensure we crush the Kiwi reactionists.

w9zfcl.jpg

Predicated upon these revolutionary changes, we will be releasing new merchandise and correcting the name of our membership group to reflect these new values. The membership group will now be known as the "Red Army"

jj8qck.jpg

PURCHASE NEW JERSEYS HERE

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds side to play Hurricanes
Saturday 1 April, 6:45pm (AEST), Suncorp Stadium

1. Markus Vanzati – Souths
2. Stephen Moore (C) – University of Queensland
3. Sam Talakai – Brothers
4. Rob Simmons – Sunnybank
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
7. George Smith - Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham – Wests
9. James Tuttle – GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Sunnybank
11. Eto Nabuli – GPS
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Samu Kerevi – Souths
14. Chris Kuridrani – GPS
15. Karmichael Hunt – Norths

16. Andrew Ready – Easts
17. Kirwan Sanday – Easts
18. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
19. Lukhan Tui – Souths
20. Hendrik Tui – Norths
21. Nick Frisby – GPS
22. Hamish Stewart – Bond University (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
23. Izaia Perese – Easts

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Geez the biggest loser from Slipper's injury (apart from James) has got to be Ready. Now that Moore is el capitano, Andrew's likely game time has dropped significantly. Anyone know when he's signed to? Would hate to see him have to do a Chibba.

Also, who is Hamish Stewart? Did Maranta get injured in his 12 seconds on the field? We took Maranta and Taefu on tour as backs cover and now neither have made the bench and there's a new face there.

Lastly, what's the story on Rodda does anyone know? His first appearance was all fire and brimstone and since he went off with that head knock he's been quieter and now not selected. Must be too busy eating the children of Hurricanes players to play. He knows we can smoke these imposters with lesser players so he clearly gives zero fucks.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Could just be the impact sub effect with Rodda - coming on fired up with something to prove against tired opposition. Same thing happened with Lolo, he had some minutes off the bench where he looked like a world beater and then was a lot more quiet when he started (at least I'm pretty sure he got a start or two in the last two seasons, although I may be confusing that with other cameos off the bench - not 100% certain and frankly too lazy to check right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.