• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 360 - Foxsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The new show's at its best when it has guests, Kafe and Martin are pretty dire without backup.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Not a fan of the segment with the journos either. Cheika and Byrne were definitely the highlight.
I actually enjoy Payto and Georgina (or Georgia as Marto called her this week). They often provide insight with facts as to what is happening in rugby land. For example Payto listed the names of players under 60 caps who Cheika has been talking to in Europe. Asking them to come back to Super rugby, Mogg, White, Alo-Emile etc

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I guess there will be things each of us can nitpick, and they will be different for each person, but (if Fox reads this) from my POV this show is a vast improvement over the dross of the last few painful years.

Thank fuck for no more absolute shit like piggies vs princess etc etc etc.

All in all it gets a big thumbs up from me.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yup, it's heaps better than ThevRugby Club which IMO tried to be all things to everyone which hardly ever works. Leave the non-stop lols to The Footy Show(s).

Marto & Kafe struggle on their own, I'd throw Maloney in there for some light relief. Payten & Robinson are good value, wouldn't mind seeing say Smith occasionally. Or even (deep breath) someone from NZ's Re:Union & the SA equivalent every now & then.

Cheika & Byrne were great last night, don't need them to be there every week but a catchup pre-June Tests, pre-Bled, pre-EOYT (plus post- same, obviously) would be great.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Personally I'd throw Maloney under the nearest bus and bring in someone technical from a coaching or Ref'ing background.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon the format is just fine and really like Kafer and Marto. Marto has lifted his game and I reckon he is an excellent host.

I really enjoy the show in its current format.

Maloney is apparently going to head up a show similar to his RWC show, which will be a little more loose.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
yeah, we've finally got a show without stupid clowning around. keep maloney as far away as possible.

Like WO I too would like at least one segment with a quick commentary from NZ and SA, heck I guess now that includes japan and arg!! Hmm, dunno about that. I did like the segment years ago with a quick cross to NZ and a quick cross to SA and get their perspective.

But please, no stupid inane attempt at humour.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I posted when I first saw 360 that I really enjoyed it, and I still do. I not into nitpicking about Marto and Kafe, and I surely enjoy the whole feel of the show. Like I said before I don't have to agree with everything they say, but just do what they are doing, having a few people sitting around talking rugby!! I enjoy the journo's thoughts too. Big ups to foxtel I think!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also the move to Wednesday night is well overdue. Most teams train Tues & Thurs nights so it never made sense to me that they missed out on actual players watching the show.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Big ups to foxtel I think!

I agree. It is so common in society to whinge, and fair enough too i guess, but all too often the opposite never occurs, validation when validation is due.

And let's face it, for the last how ever many years the Foxtel rugby show copped plenty of flack, I recall myself bagging what was on offer.

But by crikey, whether because 'they listened to us' or simply because some cosmic stars finally aligned we get a show that is not only 'acceptable' but far more than that then I am more than happy to validate the fuck out of foxtel and marto and kafer and say 'thanks, I think you have finally hit upon a formula that will please far more people than displease'

thanks

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Interesting that Cheika mentioned that he met with a bunch of younger players overseas that he would like to lure back from overseas. Unfortunately no one of the panel thought to ask him to name some players. Would love to know who' on his radar. anyone have any insight? would like to think PAE, maybe Kimlin

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Kimlin is only a year or two younger than Mowen, who's approaching 32 himself!

No one on the panel pushed him, but Payto and Georgina between them said the 60 cappers, plus White, Mogg, Cooper, O'Connor, Houston, PAE and Pyle, clarifying, specifically mentioning the first two were considering returning, but also specifically mentioning that he'd only talked to the latter two, which to me implies there's not the same level of interest or ability to come home for them.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Been talk of Leroy coming back for a little while now I think, a lot of that has got to do with Australian rugby getting real keen to have a few of the Mighty Nua boys in the mix;):p

The_Wookie

Chris McKivat (8)
I

But by crikey, whether because 'they listened to us' or simply because some cosmic stars finally aligned we get a show that is not only 'acceptable' but far more than that then I am more than happy to validate the fuck out of foxtel and marto and kafer and say 'thanks, I think you have finally hit upon a formula that will please far more people than displease'

thanks

the "360" shows started with AFL 360 in 2011 IIRC - the AFL version is on 4 nights a week - the NRL 360 (3 nights, started 2015) and Rugby 360 shows are all based off that

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
the "360" shows started with AFL 360 in 2011 IIRC - the AFL version is on 4 nights a week - the NRL 360 (3 nights, started 2015) and Rugby 360 shows are all based off that

I wouldn't have thought there was enough fresh content for AFL and NRL supporters to sustain 3-4 nights a week, but there you go.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If you have a show looking at the previous weeks games and another after the teams named you've filled up two nights. The only reason the rugby show will stay on one night is we only have five teams to really focus on. If it was an 18 Australian team comp they could provide content for five four nights easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.