• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here are the barbarian teams for this weekend.
A6F0A284-86E1-4FA0-8735-D7CC9DA9B795.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Stan feed was a bit slow to start but it's working now.

Barbarians team is going ok against the kiwi's team so far

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Kerevi looked ponderous & slow. But it is his first, so I’ll give him some slack. But I thought he had better acceleration.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ coverage has finished & doesn't resume until 9:25 our time, is that because there's no games at all between those times or just none involving NZ? Missed the first session (if that's what it was) so results would be appreciated.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
NZ coverage has finished & doesn't resume until 9:25 our time, is that because there's no games at all between those times or just none involving NZ? Missed the first session (if that's what it was) so results would be appreciated.

Yeah, next game starts at 7:30 local, so 9:30 your time.

Results:

Mens:
Aus 14 v Fiji 26
NZ 28 v Oceania 5

Womens:
NZ 53 v Oceania 0
Aus 31 v Fiji 17

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon Pama Fou and Henry Hutchison don’t go to Tokyo. Neither are the players they once were. At least HH is technically sound (has just lost his speed) Fou is borderline a liability.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kerevi looked ponderous & slow. But it is his first, so I’ll give him some slack. But I thought he had better acceleration.

I thought his contribution was pretty damn good considering it was his first 7s game at this level. No mistakes from what I recall. No game time in the 2nd game I don’t think? I guess they’ll hold him back for tomorrow.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I reckon Pama Fou and Henry Hutchison don’t go to Tokyo. Neither are the players they once were. At least HH is technically sound (has just lost his speed) Fou is borderline a liability.

Yeah, really disappointed Fou so far, thought he was great in the previous tournament but he hasn't kept it up. I'm not too sure on positions in 7s but Bell and Turner for Oceania have both looked great and wouldn't be surprised to see them make it.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Where is Sykes? I thought for a while she was the heir apparent to Caslick, after seeing Ashby play though I’m not so sure

Hope Faith Nathan grows a bit more, she’ll be amazing with a tad more size