• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby and the dismal failure of The Meat Machine

How badly has rugby wrecked your meat machine?

• I can walk but it looks like something's stuck up my bumcrack when I do

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I have brain damage but I'm doing my best, shut up you cold-hearted prick.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Mornings are crippled nonsense time but I'm fine by about 6pm.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I'm like Brad Thorn, that being I'm made of concrete, that being I'm not a whinging sook like you

• Prefer not to say.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • A but not C

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Go Blues

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Luke Braid-Whitelock for President

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Blues 4 Life

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
stress fractures of the spine(due to pars defect).broken foot.Cartlidge damage.Not much else.
However son doing downhill mountain bike racing:Spinal damage,twice.Broken sternum,broken foot,broken hand.
Concussion.
Various other injuries including speaking in a high voice for a while,whilst walking bandy leggered.
He gave up rugby for that!
Ps he already had a pin in his spine from falling out of a tree at the age of 12

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
stress fractures of the spine(due to pars defect).broken foot.Cartlidge damage.Not much else.
However son doing downhill mountain bike racing:Spinal damage,twice.Broken sternum,broken foot,broken hand.
Concussion.
Various other injuries including speaking in a high voice for a while,whilst walking bandy leggered.
He gave up rugby for that!
Ps he already had a pin in his spine from falling out of a tree at the age of 12

He needs to buy a lottery ticket! Faaaark!

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
He needs to buy a lottery ticket! Faaaark!
currently not racing as he is studying this semester in Trondheim,Norway.
bad news is that one of the biggest and most dangerous downhill runs in the world,Harfell, is only a couple of hundred K's away!

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I've had my share, but most came from other sports. Potentially the worst from Rugby, though. Separated first rib and clavicle made life difficult for a while.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Funnily enough, my worst injuries are from cycling.

Dog cycling - it never really took off.

My worst injuries are actually from cricket with stitches above the eye going for glory, and cycling - rib cartilage using my own elbow, gravity, and concrete cycleway at pace. Mate following me said I bounced, and given I weight about 120kg at the time it was unfunny.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Dog cycling - it never really took off.

My worst injuries are actually from cricket with stitches above the eye going for glory, and cycling - rib cartilage using my own elbow, gravity, and concrete cycleway at pace. Mate following me said I bounced, and given I weight about 120kg at the time it was unfunny.

Dunno, I took off pretty well, but failed to stick the landing, and the Romanian judge only gave me a 2.7. Degree of difficulty was high, but I was well behind Rick Disnek.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Blew my left knee out in trial match in my senior year - worst pain ever! Never had it operated on and to this day it causes me grief. Busted and popped most of my fingers, a few of which still point in funny directions. Broke both collarbones, left one twice. Popped some rib cartilage in my late twenties playing subbies which I have re-injured on a few occasions, the most recent incident being about 3 weeks ago after hijacking my 10 years old's scooter at the local skate park after all the big kids cleared out. I could have sworn I had it sorted but the front wheel slid out and I went down like a sack shit. Not sure if this counts but back in the old schoolboy days I was given a friendly "dead-leg" by one of our locks after training after commenting on his sisters good looks. Put me on crutches for a week and turned it black & blue for a while after that. A few stitches here and there and a couple of rugby related cuts turned septic on me. All in all, par for the course I reckon.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I played for 20+ years and only missed one game through injury - that was when I did my right AC but it timed in with holidays. Other than that just a heap of stitches, black eyes, bent fingers, ruck marks, ribs, head knocks, etc. I also had the same teeth injury as BH playing a game of loig on the sacred turf on muck up day..

I ended up retiring because my lower back couldn't hack it. That was 15 years ago and this year I came out of retirement to play in a lower grade comp with a heap of other 40 somethings. Played every game, pulled up pretty sore after every game (we played 11 games over the season and made the finals!) but my back didn't bother me at all. Maybe I just needed a year off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

This is from 2011, but gives an interesting perspective
CQYGsM_UAAA-VL2.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
England are making a late run at the prize here.
Arse - busted. They seem to be losing their shit.
Possibly terminal.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
broken neck
Just run it off!
Cauliflower ear (not bad because I used to cut it and drain it).
ha, as a 1st 5 my pansy back version of that was heating up a nail and jamming it thru constantly blackened big toenails to relieve the pus pressure underneath oh sweet release haha chixdiggit

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just run it off!
ha, my 1st 5's version of that was heating up a nail and jamming it thru constantly blackened big toenails to relieve the pus pressure underneath oh sweet release haha chixdiggit
the australian version is a straightened paperclip, heat till red hot, works a treat. The relief of pressure is almost orgasmic. I once had it done to me in the back bar of a now long gone melbourne pub, famous for its liberal drinking hours, a haunt for cops after hours drinks, bikey gangs, uni sporting clubs all mixing togther. The spurt of blood from my toe hit a bikie on the face and he was none too pleased until he saw what had been done. Thought it quite a party trick but i bought him a compensatory beer anyway.

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
Left knee and both shoulders showing plenty of wear and tear. Probably around 100 stitches in my noggin over my career.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Funnily enough no injuries caused from Rugby, a few recurred playing, knee, fingers, concussions.

Soccer - Concussion and 6 stitches to the scone.

Surfing - Drowned (rescued and resuscitated by brother), too many stitches to count, dislocated vertebrae (C4), broken rib, concussion and don't know if it counts but a very bad dose of Giardiasis.

My really bad injuries all came from working. That shit is bad for your health.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Four broken fingers

Torn calf, lost count.

Various arm injuries never broken but from bruised to strained

Broken ankle, sorry hair line fracture, was actually funny how it happened, I was know for constantly talking on the field and the captain of the other side charged me and dived at me as I was kicking the ball. My boot collected his head and I went down in a huge amount of pain with the ankle and this bloke screaming at me for faking and saying you kick me in the fucking head and then pretend your fucking hurt... sorta had to be there ..

Status
Not open for further replies.