• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Boys playing Jnr Representative League

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
We obviously have a thread about union players who play 20s, and there is also a lot mentioned about "league players" playing in the respective schoolboy competitions I was wondering how many "league players" there actually are in the GPS/CAS/ISA Competitions.

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
cas- robert siteine- trinity- souths
dion narayan-waverley-norths
henry paterson-waverley-roosters
and i think there is another kid from waverley playing souths

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
There is the obvious oft mentioned ones

Taane Milne - Roosters
Tepai Moeroa - Parra
Joey Lussick - Parra

I believe Harrison Muller for the roosters is from Scots

Starting Lineup

Stan Wickham (3)
Rowland Kotobalavu (Trinity) St George SG Ball
Charlie Taylor (St Aug) Manly 20s
Taane Milne (Newington) roosters SG Ball
Josh Jay (St Pauls) penrith/academy SG Ball
Jeffrey Markus (St Pats) parra SG Ball
Tepai Moeroa (Newington) parra 20s
Jasper Garay (Sydney boys) Souths SG Ball
Jack Nelson (St Paul's) Penrith Ball

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rowland Kotobalavu (Trinity) St George SG Ball
Charlie Taylor (St Aug) Manly 20s
Taane Milne (Newington) roosters SG Ball
Josh Jay (St Pauls) penrith/academy SG Ball
Jeffrey Markus (St Pats) parra SG Ball
Tepai Moeroa (Newington) parra 20s
Jasper Garay (Sydney boys) Souths SG Ball
Jack Nelson (St Paul's) Penrith Ball

Parker from Auggies also maly U20

F

fireball

Cameron king (kings) parra sg ball
Dan England (scots) manly sg ball
Dylan Grant (joeys) manly sg ball

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
henry paterson-waverley-roosters
Aisea Tukipili (Auggies) S G Ball Manly Sea Eagles
Charlie Taylor ( Auggies ) Manly Sea Eagles 20s ( Train on Squad 1st grade )
Joey Lussick still in Neg. with Parra for new contract.
Hearing a few boys from Oakhill going to League

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Moved to the correct thread
it seems Crichton might not be the only one running out for the rabbits next year

South Sydney SG Ball

ALLEN Richie
ALVARADO Tristan
ANDERSON Jade
BARLOW Jacob
BOURIS Jed
BOYCE Rangi-Paoa
BROWN Jaiden
BUTCHER Nat
DELLOW Phaeton
FITZGERALD Brody
FUIMAONO Henry-Siriah
GODDARD Harrison ******** Oakhill Australian Schools
GULER Emre
HAMLIN Gabriel
HOOKEY Kobi
HUSKELL Jay
KELLY Keeden
KOLOAMATANGI Keaon
LOGA-TAROGI Sepessa ********** Newington Australian Schools
MACINTOSH Reece
MAIPI Tuteaura
MANOWSKI Blake
MURRAY Cameron ********* Newington
NATOLI Josh
NEIL John
NGAMOTU Keenen
O'CONNOR Dylan
PENGELLY Bailey
PERRI Blade
PREECE Kurtis
REWETI Jalen
SEUALA Don
SITEINE Robert
SMITH Reimis
TALAKAI Siosifa
TOWNSEND Reece
TUFUGA Johnathan
TUILETUFUGA Wiremu
TUOHY Jaydan
WRIGHT Tom ******* Joeys NSW 2s

Goddard is in Year 11 and Murray is in Year 10.
I presume this is a squad

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Loga-Tarogi also in Yr 11 I believe.
Boys: the one unarguably smart thing the Pulveriser has said or done is to point out that Izzie's away game in rugby is in Capetown and in league its in Campbelltown.
In the long run you'll get more out of union.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
What people forget is that most kids play both.
There are many that are not RU boys playing RL, but the other way around and many that don't consider themselves either, but play both.

I agree that RU gives you more opportunity to see the world, but there are many more in RL on contract or playing a level that means something to them. See Crichton for that example, he was told 5 years before he plays s15

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What people forget is that most kids play both.
There are many that are not RU boys playing RL, but the other way around and many that don't consider themselves either, but play both.

I agree that RU gives you more opportunity to see the world, but there are many more in RL on contract or playing a level that means something to them. See Crichton for that example, he was told 5 years before he plays s15
And he goes to italy in u20s next year and somewhere else the year after. If it were my choice between FNQ and Florence I know where I'd be.
The contracts are not for large sums in general, I gather, in fact from what I hear they're token - little more than conferring bragging rights to say "I'm on contract".
His may be different although he never actually played a game fo oz schools.
As I said, if 5 years was too long it was up to him to do something to shorten it: hooper did (Waugh, smith, gill, McMahon too). Does he not think he's up to this standard? Doesn't quite gel, that explanation.
most?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Loga-Tarogi also in Yr 11 I believe.
Boys: the one unarguably smart thing the Pulveriser has said or done is to point out that Izzie's away game in rugby is in Capetown and in league its in Campbelltown.
In the long run you'll get more out of union.

Although there is a downside to the Pulveriser's theory. The amount of travel that super rugby players do is huge. I watched an interview with Ben Mowen on Fox on Sunday, which went for about half an hour. Interestingly one of the things he talked about was that he could be home every night after an away match. So, maybe visiting Capetown is more interesting than going to Cambelltown, it also involves being away from home - usually for 2 weeks (or maybe almost 3). After you've done it once or twice, the novelty might wear off and getting into the car a couple of hours before the game and driving to Cambelltown, playing and then driving home afterwards doesn't sound so bad after all.

Where rugby is certainly ahead is the chance to live in the south-west of France and play Top 14 as opposed to oop north in the mother country.:)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Although there is a downside to the Pulveriser's theory. The amount of travel that super rugby players do is huge. I watched an interview with Ben Mowen on Fox on Sunday, which went for about half an hour. Interestingly one of the things he talked about was that he could be home every night after an away match. So, maybe visiting Capetown is more interesting than going to Cambelltown, it also involves being away from home - usually for 2 weeks (or maybe almost 3). After you've done it once or twice, the novelty might wear off and getting into the car a couple of hours before the game and driving to Cambelltown, playing and then driving home afterwards doesn't sound so bad after all.

Where rugby is certainly ahead is the chance to live in the south-west of France and play Top 14 as opposed to oop north in the mother country.:)

I don't doubt it would wear thin after a while.
Mowen had been doing it for years and had a young family. That would put enormous emotional pressure on you and I doubt it would feel like one long rugby jaunt by that stage of life. That's 10 years away for an 18 year old and if he can't wait 5, 10 is an eternity.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I don't doubt it would wear thin after a while.
Mowen had been doing it for years and had a young family. That would put enormous emotional pressure on you and I doubt it would feel like one long rugby jaunt by that stage of life. That's 10 years away for an 18 year old and if he can't wait 5, 10 is an eternity.

Agree with that, but I think travel is a signifcant factor in some players decision making. Super rugby is unique in the rugby world for the travel involved in similar competitions.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
The things with boys who play both these days is many have the opportunity to double dip. Crichton has 2 years to see if he can make a success of himself in league. If he reaches the end of the road at the end of 20s when he is presumably half way through his degree at Uni then he can no doubt jump in to uni for the final 2 years and still has a shot at a super 15 career.

Status
Not open for further replies.