• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Contractually,Parra's deal with their players HAS to be independant of any 3rd party deals.
That's their rules.
So if Haynes 3rd party deals turn to shit,it has no effect on his obligations to Parra.

T

tranquility

Fifita would be awesome, fullstop, period, etc. The Waratahs should have some room under the cap, so I hope this is finalised as soon as possible.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I want to see him in rugby but not necessarily at the reds. I don't think signing star players is good for the culture of the squad, especially when the player in question has no roots at all in the area or QLD rugby.

Send him to the Tahs or the ponies. Let them have their all star marquee player bullshit teams. QLD rugby is good enough to produce their own stars.

T

Train Without a Station

Vunipola is 10kgs heavier. Fifita is only 115kg. He has a pretty high workrate, 30 tackles, 15 runs a game.

I get what you are saying Qwerty but let's be honest, 30 league "tackles" aren't 30 tackles.

You've got to also consider that when hitting rucks is added into the work rate and the handy rest each half is taken out that would diminish a little.

Not saying he wouldn't be handy, just think in his present physical state he would be more Leroy Houston than Wycliffe Palu.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One off season can change that. I'm pretty sure he'd be playing at very close to his desired weight for what they want him to be doing in the NRL.

He might not to in the optimum shape for rugby right now but I'd guess it would be easily fixed.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I want to see him in rugby but not necessarily at the reds. I don't think signing star players is good for the culture of the squad, especially when the player in question has no roots at all in the area or QLD rugby.

Send him to the Tahs or the ponies. Let them have their all star marquee player bullshit teams. QLD rugby is good enough to produce their own stars.
That may be true, but I will be disappointed if the Reds don't at least show an interest. A well run team cannot overlook talent when it is available.

QLD rugby could use a quality player and I think he would fit the bill.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He'll end up in France. Maybe a couple of years later he will be on the market again, that might be the right time for the ARU.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If he really wanted to return to rugby and maximise his include, he could play in Europe later this year and then return for the Super season in 2015. that would probably be best case scenario for wob fans.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
If he really wanted to return to rugby and maximise his include, he could play in Europe later this year and then return for the Super season in 2015. that would probably be best case scenario for wob fans.

In that case he'd be better off taking a deal in Japan as their comp ends when Super rugby starts and he could be brought back to the game in an easier setting.

T

Tip

Fifita needs a year in the Gym before he'd be able to make the switch. He's too top heavy with chicken legs to boot

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Rubbish.
Did you know that Izzy could squat about the same as a 16 female half back of below average ability,in his first Rugby pre season?
How did that work out for him?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Would he be able to carry as effectively off a standing start without the 10 metre run up for momentum against tacklers going both low and high which, I assume, isn’t a feature of 5 kick.