1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby News from unexpected places

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by p.Tah, Jan 28, 2013.

1. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Penguin and Badger like this.
  2. Ruggo Mark Ella (57)

That is why I like that IRB Total Rugby show you get on fox sports. Every week they have a story about a rugby minnow.
  3. Brumby Runner Steve Williams (59)

A top show that concentrates on the story, not the presenters' personalities. Much more professional than the Rugby Club.
  4. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

This post by Anthony on the Not Set Pieces thread deserves a quote here. It is one of the best posts ever made in our forums:

5. Badger Bill McLean (32)

I recall they had a youth tour here last year. I remember seeing a group of teenagers in their Columbia track tops walking around Darling Harbour carrying Wallabies and Tahs gear with Gilberts in their hands.
  6. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

7. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

8. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Bardon and KevinO like this.
  9. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

armatt likes this.
  10. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Nusadan likes this.
  11. Bullrush Jim Lenehan (48)

I think I'm gonna get the DVD - this is from Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu's Facebook page:

Scoey, Ruggo and p.Tah like this.
  12. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

13. Inside Shoulder George Gregan (70)

14. #1 Tah Chilla Wilson (44)

Those Prices!!!
  15. Sir Arthur Higgins Arch Winning (36)

looking forward to being in the gentle south for that game.
    work trip scheduled for that time and it conveniently includes a stop in charleston!
  16. Inside Shoulder George Gregan (70)

17. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Inside Shoulder likes this.
  18. Spieber Syd Malcolm (24)

A nice piece in the Wall Street Journal about a 42yr CEO in San Antonio.
    "Mr. Salter says he believes rugby offers the strongest team camaraderie of any sport. After every game it is tradition for the host team to arrange a dinner for the visiting team. "I've run track and played basketball, but if you play rugby, you really form a bond with your team that is hard to explain," he says."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...0411954584.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_Lifestyle_5
    p.Tah, 2bluesfan and Inside Shoulder like this.
  19. wamberal Paul McLean (56)

The name of the country is Colombia, chaps. Not Columbia. That's a University.
  20. Sir Arthur Higgins Arch Winning (36)

Canada defeated Fiji for the first time since 1995 in Ottawa on wednesday night, 20-18.

Canada now leads the Pacific Nations Cup and faces Tonga in Kingston, Ontario on Saturday.

Canada is giving a lot of players a run which is great to see.

A week after Tonga is Ireland at BMO Stadium in Toronto. They are hoping for 20,000 to attend.

After that, they face Japan in Japan and then a break until the USA in August (one game in Toronto and one in Charleston).

Lastly - they face NZ Maori in November in Toronto.

Toronto getting a lot of love at the moment due to scheduling conflicts in Vancouver with other stadiums and the IRB not approving the artificial turf at B.C Place - i think they wanted to host the NZ Maori game there.