• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby - not set pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nah, Bruce, make them work it out!

Some of them are getting very antsy, Hawko, aren't they?

As I understand it the nickname was bestowed by members of a club who were filthy that the player had signed for a neighbouring club instead of theirs.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My money is on Barnes and the name goes back to the fuss about Sydney Uni signing him up when he moved south.

How did I go Bruce?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
My money is on Barnes and the name goes back to the fuss about Sydney Uni signing him up when he moved south.

How did I go Bruce?

No cigar, Ruggo, but you're a lot closer to the money than some of the other attempts. The criticism came from a neighbouring club who thought that the player had long standing links with their geographical area.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Lets look at the clues:
1/ 8 of the 22 players from last week - The 22 Players from last week:
1 Sekope Kepu, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 3 Al Baxter, 4 Dean Mumm, 5 Kane Douglas, 6 Dave Dennis, 7 Phil Waugh[c], 8 Ben Mowen, 9 Luke Burgess, 10 Daniel Halangahu, 11 Drew Mitchell, 12 Tom Carter, 13 Rob Horne, 14 Lachie Turner, 15 Kurtley Beale
16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Benn Robinson, 18 Sitaleki Timani, 19 Pat McCutcheon, 20 Brendan McKibbin, 21 Ryan Cross, 22 Afa Pakalani

I have struck out the ones either flatly denied or who I know wouldn't be accused of not taking interest in a game.

2/ the nickname derives from club rugby not professional.

3/ the nickname was bestowed by members of a club who were filthy that the player had signed for a neighbouring club instead of theirs and The criticism came from a neighbouring club who thought that the player had long standing links with their geographical area.

So who is left that has signed with a different club than they should have?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do a bit more crossing off, Mr T. Remember that I refuted the suggestion that "the individual in question was located between the front and back rows."

The school that the player went to was one reason why the club bagging him thought that he belonged to them.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Do a bit more crossing off, Mr T. Remember that I refuted the suggestion that "the individual in question was located between the front and back rows."

The school that the player went to was one reason why the club bagging him thought that he belonged to them.

Careful everyone. Bruce is making it too easy. I smell a rat.

O

Old Timer

Ryan Cross - went to Waverly which traditionally links with Randwick, but plays for Easts?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ryan Cross - went to Waverly which traditionally links with Randwick, but plays for Easts?

Exactly, Old Timer. Well done. And his club links might help provide the answer to one of Gossipy Growden's rumours about a club coach who allegedly is taking off to Japan mid-season.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Turner who went to Newington but plays now for Eastwood instead of the local West Harbour club?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Last year it was Moses jizzing all over the place; now Gagger. I'm worried that it is required behaviour from the moderating panel, but nominate Reg or BaaaBaa to step up next as they have been at it longer.

Moderating, that is.
Dirty minds!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
On the topic of rugby ephemera; just watching the Canes and Chiefs playing touch footy.
Interesting scrum penalty situation - a LHP ( I think) got pinged for "hand down" after losing the hit from the oppo THP ( I think). Commentators raised the issue of whether that law was too harsh , saying "Where does he go if the THP is angling in?"
Now, I am pretty sure that if it was an Aussie scrum that had a LHP hand down they would not have said a word, or would have used it as further proof that no Aussies can scrummage, but if it happens between 2 Kiwi teams it must be a problem?
Maybe they realise that Woodcock, like Benn Robinson is a maser of the sly hand down and are getting in early?

Status
Not open for further replies.