• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I agree with everything you guys are saying and would like to add that it's great to see the Ties removed as well.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I saw Nick without a tie last night and knew something was different but couldn't quite nail it down. Then I realised. Really loving the show! Great balance!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All they need now is a couple of jugs of beer and some schooners on the table.

To complete the picture we need a couple of meat pies and a large bottle of tomato sauce and they'd be approaching Nirvana.

Obviously the Lions tour is helping to shape and dominate the talk and analysis, not to mention the guest list.

Can they sustain this during the TRC, Spring Tour and when there is only "normal" Super Rugby games on?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
that was the best show i've seen last night.
eales is a great individual to get on the show and with him and barnes replacing the two morons in eyeore and marto, the quality of conversation was elevated to actual rugby. timmy horan was much improved having his old master, eales, keeping him in line.

stuart barnes was good. i appreciate the commentary and insight and the avoidance of sensationalist and outlandish comments not based on fact (*MARTO).
i don't watch the show to have a laugh and be entertained (i listen to the Ruck on the way to work on Monday's for that)

i want a bit of insight. we get it once a week. would love to see eales as a regular and sharpie featuring more.

D

daz

. would love to see eales as a regular and sharpie featuring more.

The only problem with Sharpie is that he is commentating on blokes who he is mates with and played with. He is almost always reluctant to say anything disparaging about the current crop, which is understandable.

As for Eales, I would walk over broken glass to hear him speak, but on the Rugby Club he also has his ARU board hat on, which prevents him from commenting on current topics/moving off the party line to any great degree.

Barnes is sensational. More of him please.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Cheers for the heads up boys, have given up watching it, but after comments in here this week I made sure I caught a replay. Agree was good to have a good interesting rugby show!! Don't have to agree with everything being said, just good to see there was thought put into what was said and discussed.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It is shocking how much Greg Clarke, Tim Horan and co gush over the Waratah's performance tonight. Whilst they were somewhat supportive on the night they have been nothing but critical of the play since. I am a total Tahs supporter but it is embarrassing the level of bias from these blokes. I wonder if they are ashamed at pushing the ARU so hard, they should be.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Good answers by Robbie tonight to the JOC (James O'Connor) questions:

"Yeh, he's developing as a 10, he played as a good ten in the last 20 minutes of the second test"

"He isn't very experienced at 10, give him some time"

"They haven't played together much (lilo, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor)), so there were going to be some issues there"

Horan: A ten needs to use the people outside him, doesn't he?

"Well he did, that one time with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)"

Stats: 29 Runs by O'Connor. 5 by Lilo. Clearly good linkage between the inside and 10....

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Jeezus Compare Graham Henry to our Muppet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeezus Compare Graham Henry to our Muppet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

What, a sour-faced old bastard who hasn't cracked a smile in ten minutes?

Yeah, what an improvement.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Graham Henry trained as a Teacher.

Dingo was a Farmer.

They present on TV as per these initial career choices as well.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
well he can complete a sentence without pausing half way through and giving a stupid little nod.
I'm confused - you seem to be implying that Deans does eventually complete his intended sentence. Perhaps. To borrow something from Rugby League - I think we'd need to see his completion rate. Actually, I'd rather not see those stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.