• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Ok cheers Gents. You must agree though, it looks very 'off the cuff'. obviously Robbie is given the questions beforehand but you can hardly say hes going directly off a memorized script?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The only criticism he gets about his speaking is that it is gibberish. If that was all you heard, you'd rehearse and memorise. When he hasn't (Eg. on-the-spot interview just after a game) he is okay to listen to, when he has time to plan he is near incomprehensible.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Actually I have ask a wallaby about his gibberish and he said it was all the time. Imagine trying to make sence of it when he is your coach!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
LMAO at Nick McArdle on Rugby Club tonight:

Discussing the prospect of Burgo being parachuted into the Wobs for BIL.

Wonder how the backs are feeling about that because feelings are important to backs.

EDIT. Exact quote from the replay

And I know feelings are very important to backs, so you have to wonder, you know, how Nic White and Nick Phipps would be feeling about that....

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
"Dont make a fuss dear, I'll have your spam. I love it.
I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam and SPAM"

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Marto did not realise Warburton had not played a Lions Test yet. How dumb is this bloke? Our rugby commentators really have no clue about any rugby outside Australia.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Laughable really. What are these guys paid to do during the week, because they are sure as hell not researching and getting any background on games.

Contrast that with the skysports coverage of the Lions-Force match, where Barnes and co were more informed about Australian rugby than these muppets are.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Loved to see the top 5 individual tries segment tonight.

#2 Serge Blanco 1990 v Australia. Even better was the clip from the same game where Peter Fitz was king hit by a swinging arm from the French Centre and dropped like a sack of spuds.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I have to say I am loving the new style and format of Rugby HQ.

I stopped watching a few years ago, but after watching a few weeks ago I am back on board.

The analysis is sharp (unless Marto is on), the guests are good, and they strike the right mix between fun stuff (plays, top 5 etc) and serious stuff. Very impressed with Nick McArdle as well, the guy is a pro and facilitates things really well.

Too often we stick the boot into these guys when they make a slip-up, but I think it's only fair to tip the hat to them when they are doing something well.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I have to say I am loving the new style and format of Rugby HQ.

I stopped watching a few years ago, but after watching a few weeks ago I am back on board.

The analysis is sharp (unless Marto is on), the guests are good, and they strike the right mix between fun stuff (plays, top 5 etc) and serious stuff. Very impressed with Nick McArdle as well, the guy is a pro and facilitates things really well.

Too often we stick the boot into these guys when they make a slip-up, but I think it's only fair to tip the hat to them when they are doing something well.

I agree BaaBaa. Last night's program was generally excellent, and Barnes was added value. + Naturally we Reds fans loved seeing Sanchez get his just reward.

D

daz

Agree baa-baa.

I thought last night's show was one of the best. Barnes, Eales, Horan made some great contributions. Even Canno got on board.

I thought the Sharpie bits were good too. A bit of man-love (and not hard-hitting at all, really) but enjoyable none-the-less. Boy, do those blokes respect the big man or what!

McArdle might finally have moved out from Clarkie's shadow.

To be fair though, I could listen to Barnes and Eales talk rugby all night long.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^ Btw, is it not so that Cheika is an absolute refreshing delight of directness, sincerity, and the best of Aussie call-a-spade-a-fucking spade speak.

Obviously not yet been through the ARU's compulsory course for all senior Australian rugby officials in "Learning the Communication Arts of Obfuscation, Evasion, Indirectness, the Ultimate Spinning Skills and Never Admitting that Anything's Less than Perfect Even After Disaster Has Struck".

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The best thing about Rugby HQ now is they've realised that you have to limit the involvement of Marto, Kearns and Horan. One of them on at once is fine. If all three of them are there the show is absolutely terrible.

D

daz

The best thing about Rugby HQ now is they've realised that you have to limit the involvement of Marto, Kearns and Horan. One of them on at once is fine. If all three of them are there the show is absolutely terrible.

By accident or design? Only time will tell, but I am not convinced they have realised anything like that at all just yet.

I bloody hope you are right though!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.