• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mark Ella is a class example of my theory, the better the player, the worse the commentator.
Kafer was a solid winger and when it mattered was a good 10. Sharpe was probably the best lock of the last five years. Best commentators out there.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Any one else like how the only Lock options in that vote your team of the Lions are the Reds and Tahs, nothing against the Reds as I would pick both the Reds locks before the Tahs this season.

To not have a Brumbies Lock in consideration is a bit of a joke, their line out is performing unlike the Tahs that's ranked lowly in the competition.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
KevinO apart from saying Simmons was the only line out caller that was the only mention of lineout ability they had in the lock talks on the show.

I think for a lot of people though, the locks are just the big blokes that take a hit up everynow and then. Whether they play TH or LH, how they perform in the lineout, combinations etc don't come into consideration.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Any one else like how the only Lock options in that vote your team of the Lions are the Reds and Tahs, nothing against the Reds as I would pick both the Reds locks before the Tahs this season.

To not have a Brumbies Lock in consideration is a bit of a joke, their line out is performing unlike the Tahs that's ranked lowly in the competition.

They have the 4 right selections, the problem is you could only select 1 for 2 lock spots so Horwill had like 70% and the rest 10%.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don't understand why they don't give all the options. I guess they don't have a clip of some of the guys in Wallaby gear so they don't have them as an option.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I don't understand why they don't give all the options. I guess they don't have a clip of some of the guys in Wallaby gear so they don't have them as an option.
And there really is no point talking about guys Robbie won't pick. He has made it abundantly clear that these 4 will be the ones he is considering, even though I would have Carter in before Simmons.

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Did anybody else hear Alan Jones statement on the show 'we have had such great players, it's only the coaching and game plan that let us down.' I know the context was over the history of Australian Rugby since WWII, but knowing Jones I have a feeling this was a not to subtle sledge at Deans.

T

TOCC

And there really is no point talking about guys Robbie won't pick. He has made it abundantly clear that these 4 will be the ones he is considering, even though I would have Carter in before Simmons.
Simmons has been one of the form locks in 2013, even Nathan Sharpe said he would have him in the starting wallabies side.. Douglas, Simmons and Horwill are currently the form locks, McMenimen was in form prior to injury and Carter and Pyle are probably sitting about 5/6th in the pecking order.

Timani is right down the order based on current form.

P

Paradox

Could we carry Timani and Horwill in the same side in terms of the lineout? I suspect this is what we'll see

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
It definitely works for Horan, Burke and Kearns.

Is Greg Martin the exception that proves the rule?

Sharpie blows the rule out of the water. Ian Jones also. Matfield last year also. Maybe it's a lock thing.

Marto was a good player in his day. I recon having a gig on breakfast commercial radio is a definite pass for being a goose.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sharpie blows the rule out of the water. Ian Jones also. Matfield last year also. Maybe it's a lock thing.

Marto was a good player in his day. I recon having a gig on breakfast commercial radio is a definite pass for being a goose.
Especially as he has been there for years. They have gone threw around 10 different combinations yet he stays. Must have a fair bit of juice on the boss.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Israel Folau on tonight for what, about the 5th time this year? If you only watched this show you wouldn't know that there was such thing as a rugby player other than Folau/Cooper/Genia/Beale/O'Connor and maybe Horwill at a stretch.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Nice to see Rugby HQ use Alana Smith to interview Berrick.

They must read these forums.

I think she did well. I hope they continue to include her.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I would have thought that RugbyHQ may have discussed the new scrum laws tonight.

It would be good if they put together a good segment outlining the changes, showing footage of how the scrum will pack together. Discuss/demonstrate the finer points of scrum work. Read Scott Allen's thread if they want content. Bring in Topo to discuss the changes. He wrote a bloody manual on scrumming.

These scrum laws gave the chance to makes scrums a spectacle not a frustration. Start educating the general rugby community on why scrums are good.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I would have thought that RugbyHQ may have discussed the new scrum laws tonight.

It would be good if they put together a good segment outlining the changes, showing footage of how the scrum will pack together. Discuss/demonstrate the finer points of scrum work. Read Scott Allen's thread if they want content. Bring in Topo to discuss the changes. He wrote a bloody manual on scrumming.

These scrum laws gave the chance to makes scrums a spectacle not a frustration. Start educating the general rugby community on why scrums are good.
If guys like Kearns and Martin berate an umpire's decisions around the breakdown in commentary, when clearly they have very little understanding on the laws, why would they start now with scrum laws ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.