• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rugby HQ was ok except the segment they talked about Digby and his contractual issues. Slow it down and listen too it - it was incoherent dribble

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hardly watch HQ as I find it a lot of dribble, but watched this last night after seeing comments, and have to say if the programme was like that every week, I wouldn't miss it.
Hell they just talked rugby, with no stupity, and the segment of going back to clubs -Bloody Excellent!!
Can keep that panel too, really enjoyable. Great to hear Gosper and Gatland as well as QC (Quade Cooper) and even Deans.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maloney and others are on Twitter. For those who tweet, tweet your appreciation. They may actually read some of their "fanmail" tweets.

Edit: or go all old school as Wamberal suggests below.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Best show for a long time. Keep that format.

Did anyone notice TPN wearing his watch at 2 Blues training session?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Marshall was piss funny.

Not so sure about the thinking to get Ella on to review the Lions squad. His first comment is "I don't follow English Rugby that closely"?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Marshall was piss funny.
He was. It's a shame that the international segments are pre-recorded. The Fox guys are reading the questions off a TelePrompter so they came across a bit stilted. Marshall appeared to be reading his answers as well.

It would be good if the interviews were more natural. A few years ago the interviews with the Saffa and Kiwi commentators were live.

A minor gripe really. It's nice to at least have the opposition commentator's view points. Perhaps it would better just to have it for what it is rather than pretending its live.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
A few years ago the interviews with the Saffa and Kiwi commentators were live.

A minor gripe really.

wish they'd bring those back myself.

thank god those stupid things like piggies and princess blah blah blah seem to have subsided. Maybe they actually read forums? (or act on feedback if such were given)

Without these sorts of interviews the show tends to be TOO aus centred I feel. It is good to get viewpoints on Super Rugby from the other countries, and even interesting to get their views on the lions too.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Marshall was piss funny.

Not so sure about the thinking to get Ella on to review the Lions squad. His first comment is "I don't follow English Rugby that closely"?

If you read his columns in The Australian you would be excused for thinking that he doesn't watch any rugby all that closely.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Regarding Mark Ella, I've never been super impressed by him. Being in my early thirties I never saw him play so my experiences with him have all been as a personality in the media. As with wamberal I sometimes get the feeling that he really doesn't watch a lot of Rugby for someone who writes as much about it. His comment on the Rugby Club about not really liking English Rugby and not watching sort of summed him up for me. Even if he thinks it, what purpose does it serve in that context to say that?

Where can I go to find out more about him. For starters, why did he retire so young? Was it a political thing, serious injury, what? It just all seems quite odd to me, being from a different generation.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
eyeore's ridiculous comment that kurtley is 'surrounded by negative influences' and needs to return to sydney did it for me. mcardle was about to try and dig into that comment and to me sounded a bit annoyed with it, when he got cut off by kafe and eyeore.
kurtley had problems well before moving to melbourne. i think we can all agree on that.

I truely think eyeore adds nothing to the show. at least marto is so stupid and so annoying that he provides fans with someone to rally against.

getting a bit off sean maloney as well. his interview questions with Smith were horrible .

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Pulver has stated that the ARU wants to better embrace women in rugby (so to speak), the players, the fans etc.

I think it would be appropriate to regularly include a female on the show or even the panel. Alana Smith and Louise Random are both passionate rugby supporters and already on the FoxSports payroll. May be worth a consideration.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Also Rebecca Tavo - Australia's captain - would be great. It'd be nice if the woman they had appearing on the show would actually talk about women's rugby. Having a woman in an Erin Molan (RL Footy Show) capacity would just smack of tokenism: "Here's someone else to talk about the men's game. And look - she's a chick!"

Hell, it'd be nice if the men sometimes mentioned women's rugby too! They are, after all, our only reigning World Champions.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I haven't watched this week's show yet but tweeted nick Mc'Ardle after last week show to express my appreciation and got a reply. Nice to know he reads his tweets. A damned nice guy from the few moments I've spent conversing with him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
He didn't reply to mine, nor did Sean on the same topic. Perhaps I'm not tweeting correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.