• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Im not a gamer bloke, but the rugby challenge is pretty good, 100% better than world cup rugby......

the moves are easy if you can remember the what to press....but beside that once you get the hang of it will be fun, got the box kick working well and the cut out passes.
One thing as its NZ made, you cant skip the Huka to start a Test Match. Have to sit through it and wait... Cheeky buggers.....

Giving it another hour and knowing me wont play it again for a month..

I own a console and this is my 1st game ever.....Rugby challenge for me is bloody good. cant wait to get use to it...

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
After spending at bit of time on both games, RC is clearly miles ahead of RWC11.

Theres three gripes that I have with RC though;
1) Inability to pass to forward runners from the ruck
2) How slow rucks are, you can't get fast ball as you need several forwards to secure your ruck
3) No back line moves

Other than that it seems like a very polished game, just need to tweak the squads a bit (how they've rated Dean Mumm higher than James Horwill I'll never be able to comprehend)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Haha they rated mumm better then horwill. They probably rated gits better then Quade being kiwis. Imagine if sa made a rugby game. They would give sonny bill a rating of 5. Lol. Good news for me. I bought a second hand 60 gig ps3 9 months ago waiting for the rugby games to come out and paid 250 for it. Played rwc on it yesterday and it kept freezing after 20 min. So I took the game back because it's crap and the missus got me challenge anyway. got a refund for the old second hand Sony and because the ps3 has come down in price I got the game driver a ps3 DVD remote and the new slim line console 160 gig and only paid 15 bucks. Score!!!!

Go the force!!!!

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not sold on it yet. Lack of forward runners and set plays is a step back from Rugby 08. Still, any rugby game is better than none.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

yeah RWC 2011 was only my second game, i bought WRC yesterday and have given it a thorough testing today.. much better then RWC 2011

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I got rugby challenge today, if you want to win with the Tahs, just give it to Schmoo on the wing.

Commentary is very repetitive, lack of set plays is disappointing, but playing in HD, I had an eyegasm when I first played.

Its a great game, the best way to play rugby is to, well, physically play rugby.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Im not a gamer bloke, but the rugby challenge is pretty good, 100% better than world cup rugby......

the moves are easy if you can remember the what to press....but beside that once you get the hang of it will be fun, got the box kick working well and the cut out passes.
One thing as its NZ made, you cant skip the Huka to start a Test Match. Have to sit through it and wait... Cheeky buggers.....

Giving it another hour and knowing me wont play it again for a month..

I own a console and this is my 1st game ever.....Rugby challenge for me is bloody good. cant wait to get use to it...

Just press X at the very start to skip

T

Train Without a Station

Is there anyway to change players in the squads in rugby challenge? Maybe I'm just a dickhead but I can't figure out how to bring new players into squads.

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
I picked up RWC today. Watching the bloody clock till I can get home and play it. Goodbye sleep - you were over rated anyway.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Some thoughts on Rugby Challenge:

- WAY too many offloads.
Could almost deem it Sonny Bill Offload Challenge. Went through and changed the offload tendency for all the good international teams, but when you play on higher difficulties it doesn't seem to make a difference: all the teams have an aversiveness to contact reminiscent of Quade. Hopefully this is fixed via a patch.

- Career mode is broken.
No player progression. No player retirement. Can basically construct an all-star team at the end of the season via the ridiculous swap player function. Fixtures are the same every year and for every tournament. This really limits the long-term value of the game. A shame, because Sidhe's last rugby league title had a playable version of this, which I thought would be easily transferable across.

- Normalisation of player abilities on online player.
This is a big bummer for me. No joy in beating up on the All Blacks with minnow teams, because for all intents and purposes you are both playing with the same teams, just with different skins. Again, it would be good if a patch made this optional.

- Overall, the game isn't too bad and is for the most part a really fun game to play, but it could have been so much more. The career mode problems pretty much relegate it to a multiplayer / online-play game for me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing given the lack of next-gen rugby titles previous to this. Plus, anything is better than the steaming pile of excrement that is RWC.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You have to go through the teams attributes and turn down the offloads. BUt its a good game, Reds are awesome in it so I'm pleased!

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm liking Rugby Challenge so far - although the constant offloads and the fact that you don't seem to be able to set up a maul from the lineout is annoying. There are some pretty strange player ratings in the Brumbies team - Edmonds is the best front rower and Ed Stubbs is better than Lilo and To'omua. Looking forward to giving multi-player a go.

N

nicobinho

I'm actually in a little dillema right now. Which game should I get RWC or RC?? I've personally never played either, so its a 50/50.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm actually in a little dillema right now. Which game should I get RWC or RC?? I've personally never played either, so its a 50/50.

Mate if you read every comment above it's pretty clear which one is the better of the two. Take RC any day of the week

N

nicobinho

Yeah!! I think I'm gonna go with RC lol, I'll let you guys know what I think!

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some thoughts on Rugby Challenge:
- Career mode is broken.
No player progression. No player retirement. Can basically construct an all-star team at the end of the season via the ridiculous swap player function. Fixtures are the same every year and for every tournament. This really limits the long-term value of the game. A shame, because Sidhe's last rugby league title had a playable version of this, which I thought would be easily transferable across.

Apparently transferring new players into your side merely duplicates them. So if you were transfer QC (Quade Cooper) into the Tahs, there could be two on the field the next time you face the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.