• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2023

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Based on the AB's test, no Pollard looks to be pretty terminal (?)
Pollard would have made zero difference in that test. Our forward got blown away in the first half. Our collision accuracy was abysmal, and we were off the pace in every facet.

No flyhalf fixes that.

But with No Pollard and Am we are not defending the title.

He also picked four scrummies which is totally laughable. Jeez, don't you pick someone who can play 10 or 13 instead?

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
1691544456817.png

What's Bobby V thinking?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Pollard would have made zero difference in that test. Our forward got blown away in the first half. Our collision accuracy was abysmal, and we were off the pace in every facet.

No flyhalf fixes that.

But with No Pollard and Am we are not defending the title.

He also picked four scrummies which is totally laughable. Jeez, don't you pick someone who can play 10 or 13 instead?
How bad has Am been to miss out? He is/was one of the best 13s in the world

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Off the back of the article in the Sydney Morning Herald by Iain Payten
Cheers, don't read the Herald, only saw it reported by Ros Kelly this morning on Channel 9.

Wonder why the early leaks? The Wallabies' socials have been advertising the live stream of the squad announcement tonight at 6.30pm.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it is just a tactic by Eddie to have a full squad available for the entire tournament. Let the injured players get healthy (Hooper and Ikatau) then drop players from the squad.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Cheers, don't read the Herald, only saw it reported by Ros Kelly this morning on Channel 9.

Wonder why the early leaks? The Wallabies' socials have been advertising the live stream of the squad announcement tonight at 6.30pm.
All the players have been told if they're in or out and the squad (plus I think 5 extras) have headed to Darwin. There's not really anyway to keep it under wraps at this stage.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it is just a tactic by Eddie to have a full squad available for the entire tournament. Let the injured players get healthy (Hooper and Ikatau) then drop players from the squad.

I don't think k you can actually do that, only injured players can be replaced & WR (World Rugby)'s medics have to sign off on it. That's how it worked last time around, anyway.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don't think k you can actually do that, only injured players can be replaced & WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby)'s medics have to sign off on it. That's how it worked last time around, any
They can up until August 26th without any need for clearance though. The next fortnight will be interesting.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Just watched the England v Wales game from last night.

Very average. Have been critical of the Wallabies in the Rugby Championship but I’d be confident saying they would have beaten both sides last night. England down to 12 at one point and still Wales couldn’t do it.

The speed of giving out yellows makes me nervous for the RWC as the RC was pretty flexible on giving them and leant more towards penalties.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pool D

This pool looks wide open?

ENGLAND: looking stodgy and rubbish
JAPAN: suddenly not flash
ARGENTINA: seem to be on the downward swing but who knows
SAMOA: suddenly resurgent with the classy influx
CHILE: god only knows

Not wildly far-fetched if England and Japan get dumped in pool play?

Wondering if the forum needs separate threads for each Pool? @Braveheart81 will know.