• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup Matches OTA

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I’ll cop it on the chin. I’ll open myself up again by saying I still think France will win.
To be fair, I tipped Ireland to win, and was expecting a SA v Ire final.

I initially was leaning to a France win too, but I always figured there'd be some SH teams all the way to the end.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Wanted Ireland to win however they have got very arrogant being 1st for 6 months or so and their crowd drowning out the all blacks
Worst ever all blacks still hear Ireland - if SA beat France will be another southern hemisphere final you would think unless a big upset occurs in the semis

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
It’s a funny thing with the NH teams
They are competing and winning some but not dominating like the SH teams have - they are just equal to now
The worst all blacks just beat the best ever Ireland side and best chance for Ireland to win a cup
Eden edsebeth words were true when he came out furious after the Ireland win saying
“We will beat you next time, that’s if you even make it” referring to Ireland going to loose to ABs

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Wanted Ireland to win however they have got very arrogant being 1st for 6 months or so and their crowd drowning out the all blacks
Worst ever all blacks still hear Ireland - if SA beat France will be another southern hemisphere final you would think unless a big upset occurs in the semis
I'd love to hear your logic as to this being the worst AB team EVER.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's twice now SA have had more bodies than France within 2-3m of where a bomb came down & they've scored both times. France need to go full-Ireland & start setting screens, apparently that's legal these days...

Can anyone explain why jerseys with actual collars now often have a vee at the back as well as the front? Practical or aesthetic reason(s)?

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was expecting Dupont to come out looking like the Phantom of the Opera but other than headgear you'd never know he fractured his cheekbone three weeks ago. Didn't hold back when making a head-on tackle, either, which I thought was pretty ballsy of him.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Watching the Eng - Fiji game, and if you haven't seen it, it's worth it. Even just to watch Raynal totally blow off Farrell when he's whinging about a call.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Who is calling for these South African HIAs? I know there's an independent match doctor who can call them, but can the coaches/Rassie? Because they seem extremely sus.