• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup Matches OTA

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don‘t disagree with any of that but that one call was still incredibly inconsistent with other ‘use it’ calls.
Ok mate, I don't think it was for a collapsed maul, that are normally blown up as soon as it almost goes down. It is almost always treated differently to a ruch where the ref knows who has control of ball. And players aren't usually forced to release it in a collapsed maul.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok mate, I don't think it was for a collapsed maul, that are normally blown up as soon as it almost goes down. It is almost always treated differently to a ruch where the ref knows who has control of ball. And players aren't usually forced to release it in a collapsed maul.
They're only really blown up if the defending team collapses the maul. Sth Africa brought it down and didn't get the ball out. Well that's how I saw it.

That was probably the least whistle happy I've seen Ben O'Keefe. Granted he's normally reffed Australia when I've seen him and we give him no choice.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
England: 10 million
Chile: less

Good display of running rugby. The fearless Chileans gave the bloated pommy twats a real fright for the opening 20 but then the floodgates opened.

I gave up at halftime.

Not watching that panto villain Owen Farrell any more than absolutely necessary

#hashtag Andean side steppe.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
England: 10 million
Chile: less

Good display of running rugby. The fearless Chileans gave the bloated pommy twats a real fright for the opening 20 but then the floodgates opened.

I gave up at halftime.

Not watching that panto villain Owen Farrell any more than absolutely necessary

#hashtag Andean side steppe.
I thought Chile were terrible, looked unfit and their front row was horrible ..

The only reason England didn’t score over 100 was because for the first 20 minutes every player got white line fever and tried to score individual tries 30meters outs … when they stopped playing like a Fiji 7s side and actually bothered to get some structure in their game, it was lights out.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I don‘t disagree with any of that but that one call was still incredibly inconsistent with other ‘use it’ calls.
True. He gave the halfback no time but the halfback had time to get it out before and hesitated.

Had he produced it quicker, would we have scored for sure? No.

We lost this game primarily bc of slowness / inaccuracy at the breakdown, not the ref. Points would have helped of they were kicked bu I think Ireland would have countered.

We missed Marx and Wiese, although a great ball carrier, is a liability to the ruck.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I thought that kinda shit was a thing of the past & if there were other "near-misses" they probably should've referenced them in their ruling, all this does is feed into the "T2 countries get treated more harshly than T1" narrative.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ I thought that kinda shit was a thing of the past & if there were other "near-misses" they probably should've referenced them in their ruling, all this does is feed into the "T2 countries get treated more harshly than T1" narrative.
Be honest WOB, just saw a replay of it, and I actually think he would of got high end just for tackle, looks almost like he is always he going for a high shot on purpose? But I not overly sure, just impression I got.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Few games that look like they will be worth watching
Japan v Samoa should be a close one
Will be good to see Italy get another win this week to secure their place as number 2 in the pool.
Argentina v Chile should be spicy at the very least.
Hope to see Fiji continue their run and build towards finals.
And another close game in Australia v Portugal.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Not RWC 2023 related but great to see Virimi Vakatawa back playing rugby from medical retirement for Bristol
Unfortunately injuries are cruel in any sport however he would have been in the French side if he had been playing
Would he be eligible for Fiji in another year or two?