• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 1 - NZ vs RSA Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
We were very lucky that SA never really offered that much in attack.

No.

You were lucky that we never tried to play rugby. Except for the first move of the game where we ran the ball 50 metres up the field.

The score flattered us. 67% territory to the ABs. We defended well but did not try to play. We spent the entire game bashing it up with forward pods and did so in our own half for 70% of the game. Surely that's a definition for either lunacy, stupidity or both.

It was the same old safety first, grind it out, wait for mistakes bullshit 2007 vintage nonsense.

Lambie comes on and in the very first touch he has a 3 on 2 outside him with lots of space and he FUCKING KICKS THE BALL. We have stupidity coached into us it seems and any sense of risk coached out of us.

Less than ten minutes to go and we use one off forward runners in our own half. WHAT?! No adventure. No variation. It's actually pathetic to say the least.

Really we did not deserve to win playing this brand. I am so fucking over watching Springbok teams not give themselves a chance. It's like a disease. Whatever you do boys, don't try to play rugby. We don't want that.

Just over it. Playing not to lose. Not playing to win. I will support the Boks because I can't help it but jeez it's become hard.

Good luck Wallabies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looks bad but it all comes down to the judiciary's wheel of Fortune.

Yeah? Looks bad? Geez Ped you must of wanted Pocock banned for a long time if you think this is bad. Ok I a kiwi, but I don't even know if his elbow has hit him in head as he ran past, he certainly has been knocked with McCaws hip on the shoulder as he tried to stand, but as I said when there was a suggestion Pocock maybe cited a few weeks ago, I thought that was ludicrous suggestion, and think this is too, even if Green and Gold seem to be trying to highlight it on main game review!! ;) I wonder why that is;)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nothing in it. McCaw ran towards the ruck in the pursuit of the ball and the elbow/contact was incidental. The ball was initially in Louw's possession/general vicinity when he approached - albeit a second too late - and rather than break stride, McCaw ran all the way around the ruck to effect a tackle.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah? Looks bad? Geez Ped you must of wanted Pocock banned for a long time if you think this is bad. Ok I a kiwi, but I don't even know if his elbow has hit him in head as he ran past, he certainly has been knocked with McCaws hip on the shoulder as he tried to stand, but as I said when there was a suggestion Pocock maybe cited a few weeks ago, I thought that was ludicrous suggestion, and think this is too, even if Green and Gold seem to be trying to highlight it on main game review!! ;) I wonder why that is;)

It's a little different from Pocock, who was being held and was trying to get free. McCaw runs in and perhaps elbows someone who is trapped in a ruck.

Based on the little evidence here though you can't tell if there is contact, but it still looks bad, because the judiciary is a fickle beast.

Personally I would prefer McCaw isn't banned, I think he's a bit past it (still a great player though) and if they do ban him it will just fire up the Kiwis even more.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's a little different from Pocock, who was being held and was trying to get free. McCaw runs in and perhaps elbows someone who is trapped in a ruck.

Based on the little evidence here though you can't tell if there is contact, but it still looks bad, because the judiciary is a fickle beast.

Personally I would prefer McCaw isn't banned, I think he's a bit past it (still a great player though) and if they do ban him it will just fire up the Kiwis even more.
Ok sorry Ped, we obviously talking about different incidents, the one I talking about Louw is not trapped in a ruck, but just starting to get up from the back of one as McCaw runs past, I will see if I can find the one where he is trapped in a ruck.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Looks bad but it all comes down to the judiciary's wheel of Fortune.

I'd be the first to rub the GOAT out for crimes against humanity but I'll be buggered if there is anything in that.

Reactions: SDR

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Ok sorry Ped, we obviously talking about different incidents, the one I talking about Louw is not trapped in a ruck, but just starting to get up from the back of one as McCaw runs past, I will see if I can find the one where he is trapped in a ruck.

If Louw was trapped in a ruck, it should have been an AB penalty for hands.....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think McCaw should or will get suspended but he certainly makes contact.

Louw went off straight after that to get his forehead stitched up. He definitely gets opened up by the contact from McCaw's elbow.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If Louw was trapped in a ruck, it should have been an AB penalty for hands...

Well, that may be, but irrelevant really - IF an act of foul play occurs after another penalty offence, there is no mitigation for "but we had the penalty first".
That said, I can't see much in the incident shown to suggest it needs looking at, although we are talking about the RWC citing process here! ;)
And if my bloody Foxtel hadn't deleted the game somehow, I could actually watch it again!! Waiting for a replay.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Looked pretty innocuous but you can't tell these days. Refs have been super harsh on anything that could be construed as foul play.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Another interesting call was the JP Pietersen intercept that was called back for a penalty to NZ but then the TMO immediately reversed the penalty for a neck roll. Even though it was the right decision in real time, I wonder what would have come of the situation had Pietersen scored? Would the try have stood given the original penalty had been reversed?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Another interesting call was the JP Pietersen intercept that was called back for a penalty to NZ but then the TMO immediately reversed the penalty for a neck roll. Even though it was the right decision in real time, I wonder what would have come of the situation had Pietersen scored? Would the try have stood given the original penalty had been reversed?

Great question the Jolly, never really thought of what happens in a case like that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.